SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

Anonymous
2017-02-13T12:08:22+00:00

I am facing a blue screen with the error : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys) 

and that's is right after using (installing and uninstalling) the following programs :

1- Aero glass W8+ v1.4.5 & then 1.5.2

2- UltraUXThemePatcher_3.1.0 for 14393 

3- Theme Signature Bypass

4- UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview

5- OldNewExplorer

6- AGTweaker-1.3.2

The dump file shows on WhoCrashed program 

On Mon 13-Feb-17 5:26:27 AM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021317-21750-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x1A95B6)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFFE60C1D295B6, 0xFFFFB30114ED7400, 0x0)

Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. 

and here is the dump file

Any suggestion please?

I'm running now on Safe mode with network

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-13T21:06:26+00:00

    Hello.

    I finally troubleshooted my desktop and find out what was making the BSOD.

    Again, after disabling services and apps, and turning them ON one by one I found the culprit. 

    It was the "MSI Gaming APP" software.

    Even after downloading and installing the latest version (03/11/2017) it still triggered the BSOD on moving shortcuts  in the Desktop.

    MSI Gaming APP, like Volume², uses some kind of screen overlay feature, and I think that is the issue.

    It started to happens after the Creators Update release. Something in the kernel changes are not compatible with the overlay system, implemented by this software's, and that's why Windows 10 hangs and BSOD on moving files around with the mouse.

    Hope they fix it soon.

    Best regards.

    PS: All my computers are troubleshooted and working normally, for now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-14T10:07:47+00:00

    Based on the information that you've provided, the application might not be compatible with the Windows 10 Creators Update. With regard to your issue, we recommend contacting the app developer so they can check the app compatibility with the Creators Update.

    Let us know if you need further assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-16T21:15:51+00:00

    I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to PratikJain4 and to Marco.Freire because you are lifesavers!!!

    I don't know if something else is responsible for this issue (BSOD ...) but for sure the Volume² is responsible 100%

    I try many times to move files to different "test" folders and at the same time I use to play a music from YouTube in two different browsers (just to stress the "problem").

    Result: BSOD in 2 minutes.

    I try the same after uninstalling Volume².

    Result: Since now....everything OK (I hope to continue like this :)

    So, at least Volume² cause troubles!!!

    Once again, thank you PratikJain4 & Marco.Freire for your FIX!!!

    to everybody: Have a Perfect day, without BSOD!!!!:)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments