Hello,
Please refer the following support article:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors
Hope this helps you!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am facing a blue screen with the error : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)
and that's is right after using (installing and uninstalling) the following programs :
1- Aero glass W8+ v1.4.5 & then 1.5.2
2- UltraUXThemePatcher_3.1.0 for 14393
3- Theme Signature Bypass
4- UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview
5- OldNewExplorer
6- AGTweaker-1.3.2
The dump file shows on WhoCrashed program
On Mon 13-Feb-17 5:26:27 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021317-21750-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x1A95B6)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFFE60C1D295B6, 0xFFFFB30114ED7400, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.
Any suggestion please?
I'm running now on Safe mode with network
[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello,
Please refer the following support article:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors
Hope this helps you!
Based on the information that you've provided, the application might not be compatible with the Windows 10 Creators Update. With regard to your issue, we recommend contacting the app developer so they can check the app compatibility with the Creators Update.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
Hello.
I finally troubleshooted my desktop and find out what was making the BSOD.
Again, after disabling services and apps, and turning them ON one by one I found the culprit.
It was the "MSI Gaming APP" software.
Even after downloading and installing the latest version (03/11/2017) it still triggered the BSOD on moving shortcuts in the Desktop.
MSI Gaming APP, like Volume², uses some kind of screen overlay feature, and I think that is the issue.
It started to happens after the Creators Update release. Something in the kernel changes are not compatible with the overlay system, implemented by this software's, and that's why Windows 10 hangs and BSOD on moving files around with the mouse.
Hope they fix it soon.
Best regards.
PS: All my computers are troubleshooted and working normally, for now.
Volume² is an awesome piece of software and I miss it a lot.
The Creators Update is the culprit. They made some changes to the kernel and broke the OS. I don't know how to fix it. I tried to contact the developer, but it seems he is inactive and probably won't update the application. But I'm not sure anymore if the problem is only the Volume².
I have 2 laptops and 1 desktop.
On my main laptop, I decided to not install the Creators Update, and stick with the Anniversary Update. Well at least for the next 180 days. That's the max time we are allowed to deter updates. Only works on Windows 10 Professional. I use Volume² here with no problems.
My 2nd laptop has the Creators Update and was installed via Windows Update. This was the computer that I used to troubleshoot the BSOD issue.
I disabled all the services and applications, and slowly turned the services and applications ON until it starts doing BSOD.
Just moving files around triggered the BSOD, so it was kinda easy to detect what was the culprit application. The BSOD stopped after removing Volume².
But, Volume² isn't the culprit on my Desktop. I uninstalled Volume² but the BSOD still happens while moving files around.
So I need to do the same troubleshooting I've done on my 2nd Laptop and repeat on my desktop.
Still not convinced that Volume² is the only software at fault here.
I will try and do a clean install of Creators Update on my 2nd laptop and the 1st software I install is Volume² and check for a BSOD. If it doesn't happen with only Volume² installed, it means it might be a combination of software's creating the issue.
Marco,
I have the exact same issue described above and co-incidentally I also happen to use Volume2 application on my laptop. Could you please let me know if you found a workaround except from removing Volume2 altogether ? Also, how did you investigate on this issue and found out the culprit ?