SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

Anonymous
2017-02-13T12:08:22+00:00

I am facing a blue screen with the error : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys) 

and that's is right after using (installing and uninstalling) the following programs :

1- Aero glass W8+ v1.4.5 & then 1.5.2

2- UltraUXThemePatcher_3.1.0 for 14393 

3- Theme Signature Bypass

4- UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview

5- OldNewExplorer

6- AGTweaker-1.3.2

The dump file shows on WhoCrashed program 

On Mon 13-Feb-17 5:26:27 AM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021317-21750-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x1A95B6)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFFE60C1D295B6, 0xFFFFB30114ED7400, 0x0)

Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. 

and here is the dump file

Any suggestion please?

I'm running now on Safe mode with network

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-17T21:43:30+00:00

    Just reinstalled Volume², and when I was setting it up, and turn on the "The run program as Administrator", my whole screen turned off and on again, and Chrome window, became all black. I had to restart Chrome.

    That was weird.

    Going to restart and test it out again.

    I use mouse events on task bar and I have the hooks to reload every 500ms. 

    I'll try different settings and get back to you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-17T21:40:04+00:00

    Thanks for all the work you did finding this.  I've been having the BSOD crash when moving files/folders/shortcuts on 2 PCs.  I rolled one back, since I use it at work.  My home PC just updated the started experiencing the same crash.

    I use Volume2 on both PCs and I also have the MSI Gaming software on my home PC.   Once I get home, I'll confirm but I bet this fixes the issue for me.

    Thanks again for finding this and sharing the solution.  You saved me a lot of testing this weekend!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-17T21:27:26+00:00

    Just select some shortcuts, files and or folders and drag them around in the Desktop. After a fez swipes with the mouse it triggers the BSOD.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-17T20:04:59+00:00

    Hmm, maybe I haven't done the right things to trigger the issue.

    Can you clarify exactly what actions lead to the BSOD in your case? Like i said, it happened to me twice this morning, but in both cases I was working in a program (Adobe Illustrator) - once for certain, I was duplicating a text object (so, holding ALT while dragging an object)m but that was in the program, not on the desktop or in Explorer.

    My system also installed an update after the two crashes (KB4048955), don't know if that's related to my stability or not.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments