SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

Anonymous
2017-02-13T12:08:22+00:00

I am facing a blue screen with the error : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys) 

and that's is right after using (installing and uninstalling) the following programs :

1- Aero glass W8+ v1.4.5 & then 1.5.2

2- UltraUXThemePatcher_3.1.0 for 14393 

3- Theme Signature Bypass

4- UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview

5- OldNewExplorer

6- AGTweaker-1.3.2

The dump file shows on WhoCrashed program 

On Mon 13-Feb-17 5:26:27 AM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021317-21750-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x1A95B6)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFFE60C1D295B6, 0xFFFFB30114ED7400, 0x0)

Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. 

and here is the dump file

Any suggestion please?

I'm running now on Safe mode with network

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-18T01:54:01+00:00

    Hi Marco - 

    I'm using 1.1.5.382 (01.07.16), - a previous beta, but not the latest. Again, with administrator mode (but without reloading hooks).

    I also have some mouse events, here's the full details from the Mouse tab:

    Tray Mouse Events

    L Button single click : Volume Mixer

    L Button Double Click: Program Options

    Middle button Single Click: Mute On/Off

    (  ) Enable long mouse clicks (not checked)

    Change Sound volume:

    ( X ) Rotating a mouse wheel over: Taskbar

    All following options NOT checked.

    You mentioned your screen flashing and then Chrome going black when you ran as administrator - sounds like a GPU driver issue.  My chrome will often go black when I've updated to a new graphics driver (and sometimes tells me "Rats! WebGL has hit a snag!".  I wonder if the screen dimming that occurs when the UAC prompt appears (b/c of running as Admin) is bugged out for you. I'm running an MSI GTX 970 (v.387.92).

    Again, I've had no BSODs since updating to  KB4048955 and running Volume2 in Administrator mode (unfortunately, I did both at the same time). I can move files/icons/shortcuts around the desktop and anywhere else without issue.

    Do you have Volume2 set to capture the mousewheel anywhere on screen? That's definitely one area of difference between our setups, and seems it might be significant, since your errors happen when moving things on the desktop. I re-read your post, and you say only on taskbar, like mine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-17T22:11:40+00:00

    Ho, I forgot to mention and ask you.

    What version of Volume² are you using.

    I'm using the latest beta. (Volume² v1.1.5, build 399 (28.03.2017))

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-17T22:05:35+00:00

    I have the KB4048955 installed already and still BSOD.

    I'm pretty sure, there are dozens of other applications that will trigger BSOD on you machine. Microsoft really screwed the kernel with the Creators Update.

    I managed to find out 2 of them that I used to use daily. Volume² and MSI Gaming APP. After removing those, i didn't have any more BSOD.

    That doesn't mean there isn't another software that only you use, and is triggering your BSOD.

    Just go to "Task Manager" (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), disable all the startup programs and enable one at a time and do the "Mouse dragging files" test after the reboot.

    I reinstalled Volume² and disabled everything within the software setup, and still BSOD. No Volume² for me :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-17T21:43:50+00:00

    Even if i have already uninstall volume2, i get today another 2 BSOD.

    I try to d/l and install the KB4048955....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments