SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

Anonymous
2017-02-13T12:08:22+00:00

I am facing a blue screen with the error : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys) 

and that's is right after using (installing and uninstalling) the following programs :

1- Aero glass W8+ v1.4.5 & then 1.5.2

2- UltraUXThemePatcher_3.1.0 for 14393 

3- Theme Signature Bypass

4- UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview

5- OldNewExplorer

6- AGTweaker-1.3.2

The dump file shows on WhoCrashed program 

On Mon 13-Feb-17 5:26:27 AM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021317-21750-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x1A95B6)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFFE60C1D295B6, 0xFFFFB30114ED7400, 0x0)

Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. 

and here is the dump file

Any suggestion please?

I'm running now on Safe mode with network

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-06T15:57:57+00:00

    It seems a clean install is not the answer. 

    Just now, on my Gigabyte Saber 15 laptop, while working in Word and using Chrome browser, it BSOD 2 times in a row in less than 1 minute. 

    Windows 10 Home Creators Update latest version with all updates, Office 365 Suite with all updates and Chrome latest version. 

    All the drivers are stock Windows 10 installed by Windows. 

    I really don't know what else to do. 

    May you kindly give me a link to the latest ISO before Creators Update. 

    I'm giving up on Creators Update. It's full of bugs and is giving me a bunch of headaches. 

    Best regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-06T14:24:22+00:00

    It's happening in my 3 computers, 2 laptops and one desktop. 

    Laptop Gigabyte Saber 15 --> Yesterday I've done a clean install with the latest ISO, no issues till now. Time will tell. Still having the SFC errors created by Visual Studio, that can't be fixed.

    Laptop Asus A540S --> Windows Update, random BSOD

    Gaming desktop --> Windows Update, random BSOD

    All with latest updates: Windows 10 Home / Version: 1709 / Comp: 16299.19

    Since its random, I'm kinda never ready to take a picture with my smartphone camera when it happens. It only says SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys) with a QR code.

    Even after uninstalling the Visual Studio, the SFC /scannow  keeps giving errors that DISM commands can't fix.

    Only way to fix the errors created by Visual Studio is reverting back to a restore point before Visual Studio installation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-06T08:49:45+00:00

    Hi Marco,

    There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as faulty hardware, incompatible or outdated device driver and broken system components. We would like to know more about the issue so we can assist you better. Please answer the following questions:

    • What is the make and model of your devices?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using? To check it, follow the steps on this link.
    • Can you provide us the exact error message? Can you provide us a screenshot of it?
    • Just to confirm, have you tried uninstalling Visual Studio 2017 and check if the issue is the same?

    We're looking forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-05T15:16:55+00:00

    This BSOD only started to happen to me after I updated to Creators Update.

    It's kinda random. Mostly happens when I select and move folders around with the mouse.

    One time I was working in a Word Document and it simply happened. Luckily I saved the file before crashing or I would have lost everything.

    This is happening in 3 different computers with different hardware, so I don't think its hardware or even drivers related.

    On one of the computers I installed the Creators Update clean from their latest ISO installation file and this hasn't happened yet.

    Time will tell. I didn't install the drivers from the hardware manufacturer, I kept the Microsoft ones installed.

    If it is drivers related and since the Creators Update is kinda recent, I'll wait a bit longer to update the driver from the manufacturer.

    I also noticed there is a weird incompatibility between Windows 10 Home Creator Update and Visual Studio 2017 Community.

    After installing Visual Studio, the SFC /SCANNOW report errors in system folders ownership, and nothing can fix it. So it might be a software compatibility issue between 2 of Microsoft software's.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments