SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

Anonymous
2017-02-13T12:08:22+00:00

I am facing a blue screen with the error : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys) 

and that's is right after using (installing and uninstalling) the following programs :

1- Aero glass W8+ v1.4.5 & then 1.5.2

2- UltraUXThemePatcher_3.1.0 for 14393 

3- Theme Signature Bypass

4- UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview

5- OldNewExplorer

6- AGTweaker-1.3.2

The dump file shows on WhoCrashed program 

On Mon 13-Feb-17 5:26:27 AM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021317-21750-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x1A95B6)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFFE60C1D295B6, 0xFFFFB30114ED7400, 0x0)

Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. 

and here is the dump file

Any suggestion please?

I'm running now on Safe mode with network

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-18T16:37:03+00:00

    Actually, I think it is Drag & Drop in general.

    I managed to trigger BSOD Drag & Dropping on the Desktop and also while moving files between Explorer windows.

    I suppose it might also happen while Drag & Dropping using other programs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-18T14:06:58+00:00

    Hi - 

    Can you clarify what actions you were taking that seemed to cause the BSOD to begin with?

    Marco was saying dragging around icons (of files/folders/shortcuts) on the desktop, but you've mentioned drag-n-drops in Chrome and media players - do you mean dragging files onto the Chrome window (as in for uploading, or just to view an image in Chrome, etc)? Where did you drag said files from - the desktop, an Explorer window?  

    Same for the media player - are you dragging files in from the desktop to a media player playlist? IF so, which one?

    I'm hoping to recreate this issue on my end, which I haven't seen since yesterday morning.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-18T12:55:57+00:00

    Hi Guys, 

    Just a quick update:  Not sure if it is a placebo effect or I actually found a workaround, but I currently have downgraded Volume² to stable version 1.1.4.347 ( was earlier using the beta ) and things seem better now, I haven't seen this particular BSOD issue since last two days of normal usage ( obviously including drag-n-drops in Chrome /  media players) !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-18T11:34:08+00:00

    Ok.

    Downloaded the same versions of Volume², same drivers versions (I have a MSI GTX 980) and exactly the same Volume² setting. 

    After a few tries of drag and drop... BSOD.

    I'm screwed.

    Thanks for your wonderful information, but I guess I wont get to use Volume².

    Best regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments