SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

Anonymous
2017-02-13T12:08:22+00:00

I am facing a blue screen with the error : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys) 

and that's is right after using (installing and uninstalling) the following programs :

1- Aero glass W8+ v1.4.5 & then 1.5.2

2- UltraUXThemePatcher_3.1.0 for 14393 

3- Theme Signature Bypass

4- UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview

5- OldNewExplorer

6- AGTweaker-1.3.2

The dump file shows on WhoCrashed program 

On Mon 13-Feb-17 5:26:27 AM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021317-21750-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x1A95B6)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFFE60C1D295B6, 0xFFFFB30114ED7400, 0x0)

Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. 

and here is the dump file

Any suggestion please?

I'm running now on Safe mode with network

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-07T20:45:35+00:00

    Well I finally got rid of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update from my main Laptop. Well, at least for the next 180 days.

    Installing the Anniversary Update really did the trick, so 1 computer fixed, 2 more to go.

    Now, I have news from my desktop and the other Laptop installed with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

    I can replicate this BSOD 100% of the times. And remember, 2 completely different computers with completely different hardware.

    Really, there isn't one piece of hardware that are the same or even close to each other.

    How to replicate it you ask?

    Just move any file, folder or shortcut from anywhere to anywhere. Guaranteed 100% BSOD.

    But it only happens with files, folder and shortcuts. If you move Windows around, context menus, etc, it won't trigger.

    Hope this piece of information helps you guys with fixing it.

    Here's the dump file info.

    ==================================================

    Dump File         : 110717-78765-01.dmp

    Crash Time        : 07/11/2017 20:22:18

    Bug Check String  : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

    Bug Check Code    : 0x0000003b

    Parameter 1       : 00000000`c0000005

    Parameter 2       : ffffc653`1f7e0edf

    Parameter 3       : ffffc402`52f5e0c0

    Parameter 4       : 00000000`00000000

    Caused By Driver  : win32kfull.sys

    Caused By Address : win32kfull.sys+150edf

    File Description  : Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver

    Product Name      : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

    Company           : Microsoft Corporation

    File Version      : 10.0.16299.19 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

    Processor         : x64

    Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+163960

    Stack Address 1   : 

    Stack Address 2   : 

    Stack Address 3   : 

    Computer Name     : 

    Full Path         : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\110717-78765-01.dmp

    Processors Count  : 8

    Major Version     : 15

    Minor Version     : 16299

    Dump File Size    : 834 028

    Dump File Time    : 07/11/2017 20:24:11

    ==================================================

    PS: I'm going to try and identify the real culprid but its weird to happend in 2 different computers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-07T09:21:25+00:00

    You can download the ISO file through this link. There's also an instruction on how you can download it and steps on how to use it on the link we've provided.

    Meanwhile, to troubleshoot blue screen error in Windows 10, we recommend that you follow the guided walk-through on this link. The guided walk-through will be able to help you identify the cause of the blue screen error, as well as, provide you with possible resolutions that you need to perform.

    Let us know if you have further questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-06T08:49:45+00:00

    Hi Marco,

    There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as faulty hardware, incompatible or outdated device driver and broken system components. We would like to know more about the issue so we can assist you better. Please answer the following questions:

    • What is the make and model of your devices?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using? To check it, follow the steps on this link.
    • Can you provide us the exact error message? Can you provide us a screenshot of it?
    • Just to confirm, have you tried uninstalling Visual Studio 2017 and check if the issue is the same?

    We're looking forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-05T15:16:55+00:00

    This BSOD only started to happen to me after I updated to Creators Update.

    It's kinda random. Mostly happens when I select and move folders around with the mouse.

    One time I was working in a Word Document and it simply happened. Luckily I saved the file before crashing or I would have lost everything.

    This is happening in 3 different computers with different hardware, so I don't think its hardware or even drivers related.

    On one of the computers I installed the Creators Update clean from their latest ISO installation file and this hasn't happened yet.

    Time will tell. I didn't install the drivers from the hardware manufacturer, I kept the Microsoft ones installed.

    If it is drivers related and since the Creators Update is kinda recent, I'll wait a bit longer to update the driver from the manufacturer.

    I also noticed there is a weird incompatibility between Windows 10 Home Creator Update and Visual Studio 2017 Community.

    After installing Visual Studio, the SFC /SCANNOW report errors in system folders ownership, and nothing can fix it. So it might be a software compatibility issue between 2 of Microsoft software's.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments