SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

Anonymous
2017-02-13T12:08:22+00:00

I am facing a blue screen with the error : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys) 

and that's is right after using (installing and uninstalling) the following programs :

1- Aero glass W8+ v1.4.5 & then 1.5.2

2- UltraUXThemePatcher_3.1.0 for 14393 

3- Theme Signature Bypass

4- UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview

5- OldNewExplorer

6- AGTweaker-1.3.2

The dump file shows on WhoCrashed program 

On Mon 13-Feb-17 5:26:27 AM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021317-21750-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x1A95B6)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFFE60C1D295B6, 0xFFFFB30114ED7400, 0x0)

Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. 

and here is the dump file

Any suggestion please?

I'm running now on Safe mode with network

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-20T21:27:21+00:00

    I think I fixed it. The problem was in parameter LowLevelHooksTimeout which was set to zero.

    A new version is available here:

    https://irzyxa.wordpress.com/downloads/

    Beta 1.1.5.400. Reboot is required

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-02-14T12:38:45+00:00

    any suggestions about that please ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-13T21:06:26+00:00

    Hello.

    I finally troubleshooted my desktop and find out what was making the BSOD.

    Again, after disabling services and apps, and turning them ON one by one I found the culprit. 

    It was the "MSI Gaming APP" software.

    Even after downloading and installing the latest version (03/11/2017) it still triggered the BSOD on moving shortcuts  in the Desktop.

    MSI Gaming APP, like Volume², uses some kind of screen overlay feature, and I think that is the issue.

    It started to happens after the Creators Update release. Something in the kernel changes are not compatible with the overlay system, implemented by this software's, and that's why Windows 10 hangs and BSOD on moving files around with the mouse.

    Hope they fix it soon.

    Best regards.

    PS: All my computers are troubleshooted and working normally, for now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-07T22:53:46+00:00

    Ok. After disabling everything, and I mean everything, I slowly enabled services and applications one by one until I find out the one that is giving me this BSOD. 

    Volume² . It's an application that let you control sound volume with your mouse wheel on the taskbar. Pretty handy, and it seems, pretty broken with the Creators Update.

    Better had it to the list of incompatible software. I'll try and warn the software developer.

    Take care.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments