Still original problem persists
" Win Defender Offline Scan not starting, not rebooting, nothing happens (?)"
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Win Defender Offline Scan not starting, not rebooting, nothing happens (?)
Moved from Windows
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Still original problem persists
" Win Defender Offline Scan not starting, not rebooting, nothing happens (?)"
If the steps on the thread provided previously did not help in resolving the issue, we'll need to further isolate it. Try starting your computer in Safe Mode with the steps here. This will help us identify if the issue is being caused by a setting or a basic device drivers.
Let us know if the issue persists in safe mode.
Thank you.
Win Defender Offline Scan not starting, not rebooting, nothing happens (?)
Moved from Windows
I had this problem today while troubleshooting a user's machine. My users do not have admin rights. I failed to realize this. So I logged in as an admin and I was able to start the offline scan with no issues.
Hi, I have a slightly different problem with WDO.
Until a few days ago, it worked fine. Now, it restarts my computer, even seems to start WDO, I get the small window titled "Windows Defender Offline" with the bar passing from left to right - looks like this :
https://www.groovypost.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/WDO-Launching.png
Normally after that I got the scan window, but now the program just finishes and my computer restarts, without scanning.
The only significant change I made recently is installing the "2017-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4022716)" yesterday (June 28).
Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance...
[Edit : already tried sfc and dism]
Hi John,
This issue may have occurred due to software conflict. Since you've already tried some troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform a clean boot to correct this.
Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.
Kindly get back to us with the results.