Windows 10 - Defender Offline Scan not working

Anonymous
2017-02-27T09:04:07+00:00

Win Defender Offline Scan not starting, not rebooting, nothing happens (?)

Moved from  Windows

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-29T15:10:42+00:00

    Hi, I have a slightly different problem with WDO.

    Until a few days ago, it worked fine.  Now, it restarts my computer, even seems to start WDO, I get the small window titled "Windows Defender Offline" with the bar passing from left to right - looks like this :

    https://www.groovypost.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/WDO-Launching.png

    Normally after that I got the scan window, but now the program just finishes and my computer restarts, without scanning.

    The only significant change I made recently is installing the "2017-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4022716)" yesterday (June 28).

    Any ideas ?

    Thanks in advance...

    • John.

    [Edit : already tried sfc and dism]

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-05-31T23:24:28+00:00

    Win Defender Offline Scan not starting, not rebooting, nothing happens (?)

    Moved from  Windows

    I had this problem today while troubleshooting a user's machine. My users do not have admin rights. I failed to realize this. So I logged in as an admin and I was able to start the offline scan with no issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-04-08T08:56:07+00:00

    If the steps on the thread provided previously did not help in resolving the issue, we'll need to further isolate it. Try starting your computer in Safe Mode with the steps here. This will help us identify if the issue is being caused by a setting or a basic device drivers.

    Let us know if the issue persists in safe mode.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-06T20:27:48+00:00

    Still original problem persists

    " Win Defender Offline Scan not starting, not rebooting, nothing happens (?)"

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-04-04T23:59:29+00:00

    If you haven't tried doing this yet, check the Windows Defender History to check for any malware as what Cyber_Defend_Team suggested on this thread.

    Update us on the status of the issue.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments