Offline map of Iran

Anonymous
2016-08-02T01:23:39+00:00

Last night I updated my brand new Lumia 650 and... Voila! Suddenly the map of Iran is disappeared from the list of offline maps.

Now as far as I know there hasn't been any new sanctions against Iran since yesterday.

So... To remove an existing feature just for fun, well, that's a new level of low, even for M$!!

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-15T10:21:03+00:00

    I'm really disappointed with Microsoft .

    I can say i'm of their most loyal fans in Iran , i'm certified as a Microsoft engineer and i really donno what to do or say .

     I have multiple Lumia devices and the problems i have been having is just ridicules and there has been not support from Microsoft .

    This issue with Maps is one of them , The issue with VPN after anniversary update is another . 

    Since Microsoft did no advertising on their Lumia line it shows that their target audience are fanboys and real tech savy guys who like to think outside the box and experience better platforms . Having this in mind , Microsoft should at least listen to their costumers and at least fix the existing issues. 

    i have talked to many technical representatives and none have any solution for my problem . All they say is that it's gonna get fixed ( maybe if we decide to continue working or windows 10 mobile ) .

    anyways , Microsoft , WE ARE REALLY DISAPPOINTED .  Please fix these small issue and then look for adding big features .

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-10-15T12:34:50+00:00

    I have a Windows Phone too and I've been using Windows phone for past 5 years, I used to believe in Microsoft and Windows Phone and I totally loved the whole ecosystem, but now I'm really disappointed, not just because of the offline maps, it's the way they think and act.

    Look at Google, they are updating Android pretty much frequently and each 2 months or so we hear something amazing has been added, but what about Microsoft? Did they introduce exciting features? NO

    They are only adding functionalities that have been present on Android for a long while or fixing annoying bugs...

    My windows phone can not even recognize USB On-The-Go, and 2016 is almost over!!

    One thing about Windows phone used to be very touching, and it was the performance and smooth UI experience, that we lost with Windows 10...

    I believe Android is beginning to get better than Windows Phone in every aspect you can think of!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-15T14:21:43+00:00

    You are right , i have been using windows phone since the lumia 920 and before that i was a Nokia communicator user .

    Still i prefer the interface of the Windows phone and honest the android UI drives me crazy . iOS interface makes me feel like some one is insulting my intelligence .

    Something very interesting that happened to me is that on my other Lumia 950 XL DS , maps in OK , VPN is OK .

    it's just amazing . The first phone that i have all these problems with is from Dubai and the other from Italy . Maybe the firmware for Europe is less buggy . I don't know .

    I contacted Microsoft support again and found out they have contracted their service to a new company called B2X at https://support.b2x.com/ . they say i should send the phone back for repairs and did not undrestand when i said this is a software issue and a maybe a script or another firmware can solve it .

    just wanna bang my head somewhere pointy .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-21T15:58:27+00:00

    I think your response annoys people more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-10-21T16:09:33+00:00

    You are wrong

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments