Offline map of Iran

Anonymous
2016-08-02T01:23:39+00:00

Last night I updated my brand new Lumia 650 and... Voila! Suddenly the map of Iran is disappeared from the list of offline maps.

Now as far as I know there hasn't been any new sanctions against Iran since yesterday.

So... To remove an existing feature just for fun, well, that's a new level of low, even for M$!!

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-03T15:49:11+00:00

    It seem here maps deleted Iran from the list, because Iran deleted in android app here we go, too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-03T16:15:11+00:00

    How convenient... " we only make the app, if there is no data to use it with that's your problem."

    3rd party features should be replaceable, but the map data we're referring to are embedded into the windows OS making them a part of it. Why did Microsoft, as innocent as it is, embed Here maps in its OS? Why not other 3rd parties such as Sygic?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-08-03T16:29:07+00:00

    It's like McDonald saying the rotten tomatoes aren't their problem since they are supplied by the farmer.

    At least an apology from MS' side would been a start. To have a feature removed from it's device just as soon as we've bought it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-08-03T16:58:00+00:00

    Workaround:

    Revert your phone back to the initial OS build by hard resetting and DON'T DOWNLOAD the recent updates.

    To Iranians:

    گوشیتون رو فکتوری ریست کنید و آپدیت های جدید رو دانلود نکنین تا شاید تو آپدیتهای بعدی مشکل حل شه.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-08-06T07:16:35+00:00

    I was really disappointed from Microsoft , I used Microsoft products for a long time I was interested in the enterprise in the past , but when I realized eliminated map of Iran and Iranian users can not use offline maps , I realized Microsoft is relentless and does not respect the Iranian people , I do not use Microsoft products forever, and I will say to the company which lost much of its Iranian clients .

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments