Offline map of Iran

Anonymous
2016-08-02T01:23:39+00:00

Last night I updated my brand new Lumia 650 and... Voila! Suddenly the map of Iran is disappeared from the list of offline maps.

Now as far as I know there hasn't been any new sanctions against Iran since yesterday.

So... To remove an existing feature just for fun, well, that's a new level of low, even for M$!!

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-15T10:21:03+00:00

    I'm really disappointed with Microsoft .

    I can say i'm of their most loyal fans in Iran , i'm certified as a Microsoft engineer and i really donno what to do or say .

     I have multiple Lumia devices and the problems i have been having is just ridicules and there has been not support from Microsoft .

    This issue with Maps is one of them , The issue with VPN after anniversary update is another . 

    Since Microsoft did no advertising on their Lumia line it shows that their target audience are fanboys and real tech savy guys who like to think outside the box and experience better platforms . Having this in mind , Microsoft should at least listen to their costumers and at least fix the existing issues. 

    i have talked to many technical representatives and none have any solution for my problem . All they say is that it's gonna get fixed ( maybe if we decide to continue working or windows 10 mobile ) .

    anyways , Microsoft , WE ARE REALLY DISAPPOINTED .  Please fix these small issue and then look for adding big features .

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-10-07T18:24:32+00:00

    This is He said she said type of game and totally unacceptable! why not blaming QUALCOMM to provide you the CPU? The final assembled product has Microsoft/Nokia brand on it and it is your product, your platform and your provider. Why not you go back to Here and asked them to bring it back? When I was buying your product in the specs you officially named Here as your map supplier. So Stop playing a cheap shot and blaming it on Here.  Just rise a ticket and asked them to bring it back otherwise as I said to Iranians :"DON'T BUY MICROSOFT PHONES". It is our rights to get what we have paid for. If you lose your cash market in Iran don't blame it on Here blame it on yourself. The mighty market of Iran which pays cash for your phones unlike many countries in EU and Americas which pay the price in installments for months if not years.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-06T13:48:49+00:00

    This is discriminatory and definitely will damage Microsoft/Nokia Market in Iran. I have had 3 Lumias so far just for the map. Now that it is removed I hope all Iranians stop buying any Lumia phone again. lets teach them a consumer lesson.

    Again: the maps are provided by HERE.

    HERE doesn't provide Iran maps anymore to any device, be it a Windows Phone, Android or iOS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-06T13:43:01+00:00

    This is discriminatory and definitely will damage Microsoft/Nokia Market in Iran. I have had 3 Lumias so far just for the map. Now that it is removed I hope all Iranians stop buying any Lumia phone again. lets teach them a consumer lesson.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-09-10T15:25:16+00:00

    Read the previous answers. Microsoft has nothing to do with this situation. Also, post in English or use the Arabic forums.

    Persian and Arabic language may look like the same (especially in writing), but in fact most of Iranian can't even say greeting in Arabic language, so please don't refer them to the "Arabic" forums.

    * Offcourse they should write in English here, it's obvious  and I know that. Just wanted to light up.

    Sorry for getting it wrong, I guess that "Arabic" is the name that people who are unfamiliar with those languages will use as a common name. Not necessarily correct, but the intention is a positive one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments