I can't imagine ... We are insider for your success and you forbidden us from maps....
Offline map of Iran
Last night I updated my brand new Lumia 650 and... Voila! Suddenly the map of Iran is disappeared from the list of offline maps.
Now as far as I know there hasn't been any new sanctions against Iran since yesterday.
So... To remove an existing feature just for fun, well, that's a new level of low, even for M$!!
Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-08-20T16:42:48+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-08-14T21:28:32+00:00 I've already moved on from MS' map app to Sygic. It's been only a few days but so far so good. Offline packs are available.
Takes some getting used to, specially since the UI is very different from MS' app. But other than that a very nice, fast, and full featured app.
You can find it in the Store.
funny how all the roads lead to Android and it's native apps. No wonder Windows OS owns less than 3% of smartphones market.
-
Anonymous
2016-08-14T20:36:15+00:00 I started using microsoft lumia phones because of the offline services such as cortana & here maps.
I faced many minor glitches in MS products but i reported them & the support team responded by fixing them in the next update.
but this is it , i'v had it. it's an insult to the customers that trust you wit your service.
I'd appreciate if they add iran's map again but they have lost my trust.
next time i'm tot going to buy a MS phone.
Microsoft hasn't removed anything as the maps are not microsoft's to remove.
Here maps is not (and has never been) owned by Microsoft.
-
Anonymous
2016-08-14T20:19:17+00:00 I started using microsoft lumia phones because of the offline services such as cortana & here maps.
I faced many minor glitches in MS products but i reported them & the support team responded by fixing them in the next update.
but this is it , i'v had it. it's an insult to the customers that trust you wit your service.
I'd appreciate if they add iran's map again but they have lost my trust.
next time i'm tot going to buy a MS phone.
-
Anonymous
2016-08-09T19:35:06+00:00 As a developer and Microsoft fanatic, this goofy work is not acceptable.