Unfortunately, Microsoft deleted Iran from list of offline maps 🙁 . Offline map is only reason I use windows phone!
Offline map of Iran
Last night I updated my brand new Lumia 650 and... Voila! Suddenly the map of Iran is disappeared from the list of offline maps.
Now as far as I know there hasn't been any new sanctions against Iran since yesterday.
So... To remove an existing feature just for fun, well, that's a new level of low, even for M$!!
Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-08-03T12:47:28+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-08-06T07:16:35+00:00 I was really disappointed from Microsoft , I used Microsoft products for a long time I was interested in the enterprise in the past , but when I realized eliminated map of Iran and Iranian users can not use offline maps , I realized Microsoft is relentless and does not respect the Iranian people , I do not use Microsoft products forever, and I will say to the company which lost much of its Iranian clients .
-
Anonymous
2016-08-03T12:58:46+00:00 maps aren't supplied by Microsoft, but by HERE Maps.
complaining about conspiracies just annoys people and makes them less likely to waste their own time to try to help you.
PS: Wow, "M$". if Microsoft were really "M$", they'd want to make you happy as a customer and not annoy you by removing maps "just for fun".
-
Anonymous
2016-08-03T13:53:46+00:00 Google have already disabled offline maps for Iran and unfortunately it seems Microsoft is following that way
-
Anonymous
2016-08-03T15:04:24+00:00 maps aren't supplied by Microsoft, but by HERE Maps.
complaining about conspiracies just annoys people and makes them less likely to waste their own time to try to help you.
PS: Wow, "M$". if Microsoft were really "M$", they'd want to make you happy as a customer and not annoy you by removing maps "just for fun".
let's say I have problems with my phone's camera, do I have to learn Vietnamese just becase the camera was manufactured by some company in Vietnam? Or do I just contact the Lumia support team because I've paid them for the whole package, not for a phone minus some basic feature such as map??
Btw as of windows 10, here maps was replaced by windows maps, an app developed by Microsoft's Maps Team (fyi the team is managed by Aaron Butcher, a Senior Program Manager at Microsoft)