XBox One Elite controller not detected by Xbox Accessories App after firmware update

Anonymous
2016-09-30T17:15:46+00:00

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 Pro with anniversary update installed. My Xbox One Elite controller no longer works after a firmware update by Xbox Accessories app.

I was testing my new Xbox One Elite controller until I realized I need to install Xbox Accessories app for key mapping features. After I installed Xbox Accessories app, it prompted me to update the firmware of my Elite controller. I proceed with the firmware update and it completed successfully. My Elite controller is connected to pc via usb port.

After the firmware update, Xbox Accessories app does not detect my Elite controller anymore. It just shows "Connect a controller to get started". I checked under Windows 10 device manager, my Elite controller is corrected detected with the latest driver.

My Elite controller is totally not functional in Windows 10 now despite all the troubleshooting method I found online. There are other Xbox One Elite controller owners facing the exact same problem in this tread below :-

https://forums.xbox.com/xbox\_support/xbox\_on\_windows\_support/f/5412/t/2203002.aspx?pi7406=1

There are other users highlighted this problem in Xbox Accessories app review in store :-

Xbox Accessories (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh30xj3)

I hope we can highlight this potential driver or Xbox Accessories app issue to Windows support team to come up with a fix in a reasonable time.

Thank you.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-13T10:53:27+00:00

    Microsoft has spat on us. They have been removed the team of testers some years ago, i think the problem began to arise after this. And the second problem - Indian team of programmers, managers, etc... Sorry, but i had a very bad experience with em.. They doing everything slowly with quite a bad work.. 

    p.s. I will never buy any Microsoft **** anymore and say to do the same to everyone. Just have Windows because there is no alternative and thats it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-13T13:38:48+00:00

    Mine started working again a few weeks ago.

    The only thing controller related I did was installing reWASD. Shortly afterwards, I checked the Xbox app on a lark, and it was functioning properly again. As far as I know there haven't been any recent updates, and I doubt that reWASD had anything to do with it. The problem could be related to a non-MS piece of software or driver?

    I have removed reWASD since then, and everything is just fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-13T15:46:52+00:00

    I have reWASD installed too, no luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-14T07:09:11+00:00

    In my opinion there is nothing wrong with third party programs or drivers here. The problem with Microsoft's Accessories App is being caused by a Microsoft change to Windows 10 and their complete disregard to fix it.

    Microsoft don't care about you. You are just a registered number to them, but they do care about your Dollar.

    It should be easy for them because they don't have much competition when it comes to operating systems, but some people don't want to change up & they hate that.

    I believe that they will do anything to get you to update to their next latest & Greatest Windows, even go as far as stopping support for old Windows versions, and if that fails IT IS MY OPINION that they will then put out updates that will cripple older version of windows. Like Apple does to their customers who own older iPhones to slow them down. Someone prove me wrong

    Remember, one of their (early) big selling points with windows 10 was their play anywhere games to try and hook the Gamers to get them away from windows 7 &  interested in Win 10. Well this accessories app was bought out to compliment that new play anywhere process. But the play anywhere was a dud just like windows 10 is a Dud.

     So, it would seem that as far as Microsoft is concerned with these types of problems is this:

    Windows 10 has flat-lined because it has reached its selling capacity & it's already past its use by date, and not too many more people are going to show too much interest in updating to it anymore. So why bother using valuable resources to fix pieces of it that weren't a success anyway..

    It's all about making money and the consumer giving them plenty of it with every new release of Windows.

    In my opinion, Microsoft have already moved on to the preparation of the next Windows and couldn't be bothered fixing this app because it is no longer important for them to do that. Once you have paid up you are just meaningless numbers to them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-25T16:51:49+00:00

    to fix need to reinstall Windows. But not through system restore, completely re-installation disk/pendrive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments