XBox One Elite controller not detected by Xbox Accessories App after firmware update

Anonymous
2016-09-30T17:15:46+00:00

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 Pro with anniversary update installed. My Xbox One Elite controller no longer works after a firmware update by Xbox Accessories app.

I was testing my new Xbox One Elite controller until I realized I need to install Xbox Accessories app for key mapping features. After I installed Xbox Accessories app, it prompted me to update the firmware of my Elite controller. I proceed with the firmware update and it completed successfully. My Elite controller is connected to pc via usb port.

After the firmware update, Xbox Accessories app does not detect my Elite controller anymore. It just shows "Connect a controller to get started". I checked under Windows 10 device manager, my Elite controller is corrected detected with the latest driver.

My Elite controller is totally not functional in Windows 10 now despite all the troubleshooting method I found online. There are other Xbox One Elite controller owners facing the exact same problem in this tread below :-

https://forums.xbox.com/xbox\_support/xbox\_on\_windows\_support/f/5412/t/2203002.aspx?pi7406=1

There are other users highlighted this problem in Xbox Accessories app review in store :-

Xbox Accessories (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh30xj3)

I hope we can highlight this potential driver or Xbox Accessories app issue to Windows support team to come up with a fix in a reasonable time.

Thank you.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-25T16:52:21+00:00

    что бы исправить надо переустановить Windows. Только не через восстановление системы, полностью заново с установочного диска/флешки.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-26T15:37:45+00:00

    So This might help everyone out, let me know if it does. What I did was got to the windows store and searched for xbox accessories. After it pulled up I clicked on launch and it worked just fine. I am using the original USB cable that came with Elite controller. I plugged in the controller first then open the app store, search for xbox accessories then launch and done. Hope this helps everyone out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-27T06:33:07+00:00

    to fix need to reinstall Windows. But not through system restore, completely re-installation disk/pendrive.

    It is not a solution, because it will persist again after windows anniversary update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-27T06:36:02+00:00

    Wow, after yesterday windows update the Xbox accessorioes app works again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments