XBox One Elite controller not detected by Xbox Accessories App after firmware update

Anonymous
2016-09-30T17:15:46+00:00

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 Pro with anniversary update installed. My Xbox One Elite controller no longer works after a firmware update by Xbox Accessories app.

I was testing my new Xbox One Elite controller until I realized I need to install Xbox Accessories app for key mapping features. After I installed Xbox Accessories app, it prompted me to update the firmware of my Elite controller. I proceed with the firmware update and it completed successfully. My Elite controller is connected to pc via usb port.

After the firmware update, Xbox Accessories app does not detect my Elite controller anymore. It just shows "Connect a controller to get started". I checked under Windows 10 device manager, my Elite controller is corrected detected with the latest driver.

My Elite controller is totally not functional in Windows 10 now despite all the troubleshooting method I found online. There are other Xbox One Elite controller owners facing the exact same problem in this tread below :-

https://forums.xbox.com/xbox\_support/xbox\_on\_windows\_support/f/5412/t/2203002.aspx?pi7406=1

There are other users highlighted this problem in Xbox Accessories app review in store :-

Xbox Accessories (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh30xj3)

I hope we can highlight this potential driver or Xbox Accessories app issue to Windows support team to come up with a fix in a reasonable time.

Thank you.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-05T23:42:21+00:00

    Bump.

    Is anyone from Microsoft able to help us? We have been told by Xbox support team to seek Windows support on this matter as this seems to be an issue with Windows anniversary update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-10-06T18:34:30+00:00

    Hi Albie,

    You may try to perform below steps to roll back driver and see if it helps.

    • Right click Windows Logo, then choose Device Manager.
    • Expand the category, right click on the driver and select properties.
    • Navigate to driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.

    Let us know the outcome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-07T02:13:26+00:00

    Hi Ryan,

    Thank you for your reply.

    I bought the Elite controller only recently, so the only driver the Elite controller uses is from Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Roll Back Driver options is disabled).

    Here's the driver details :-

    Driver Date : 15-Jul-16

    Driver Version : 10.0.14393.0

    Is there a way to obtain an older version driver where I can install manually?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-08T16:51:27+00:00

    Hi Ryan,

    Thank you for your reply.

    I bought the Elite controller only recently, so the only driver the Elite controller uses is from Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Roll Back Driver options is disabled).

    Here's the driver details :-

    Driver Date : 15-Jul-16

    Driver Version : 10.0.14393.0

    Is there a way to obtain an older version driver where I can install manually?

    With regards to the controller driver, you may contact our Xbox customer support here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-10-08T17:30:10+00:00

    Hi Ryan,

    I contacted Xbox customer support before I posted my issue here. It was the Xbox support team that directed me to contact Windows support team.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments