XBox One Elite controller not detected by Xbox Accessories App after firmware update

Anonymous
2016-09-30T17:15:46+00:00

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 Pro with anniversary update installed. My Xbox One Elite controller no longer works after a firmware update by Xbox Accessories app.

I was testing my new Xbox One Elite controller until I realized I need to install Xbox Accessories app for key mapping features. After I installed Xbox Accessories app, it prompted me to update the firmware of my Elite controller. I proceed with the firmware update and it completed successfully. My Elite controller is connected to pc via usb port.

After the firmware update, Xbox Accessories app does not detect my Elite controller anymore. It just shows "Connect a controller to get started". I checked under Windows 10 device manager, my Elite controller is corrected detected with the latest driver.

My Elite controller is totally not functional in Windows 10 now despite all the troubleshooting method I found online. There are other Xbox One Elite controller owners facing the exact same problem in this tread below :-

https://forums.xbox.com/xbox\_support/xbox\_on\_windows\_support/f/5412/t/2203002.aspx?pi7406=1

There are other users highlighted this problem in Xbox Accessories app review in store :-

Xbox Accessories (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh30xj3)

I hope we can highlight this potential driver or Xbox Accessories app issue to Windows support team to come up with a fix in a reasonable time.

Thank you.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-11T01:06:44+00:00

    Good luck, mate. I hope you'll get yours recovered soon. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-10-11T01:04:09+00:00

    me either. mine has been bricked since last week.

    i am part of a community site called nextdoor (just a place for people in your immediate neighborhood to share information/concerns/etc). i am planning to just post in there asking someone who has a one to let me come over to update my controller. i guess i will see how that goes. i might try on Wednesday when i have more free time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-11T00:33:06+00:00

    you need to connect your controller to a xbox one and run the update. it will then work with a PC.

    rolling back drivers will not help. somehow the accessory app has disabled the buttons/inputs on the controllers. you have to update the controller using an xbox one. it will then work on a PC again.

    https://forums.xbox.com/xbox\_support/xbox\_on\_windows\_support/f/5412/t/2203002.aspx?pi7406=2 

    Thank you for your reply.

    I do not own a Xbox One console nor any of my friends. I have been searching everywhere for a Xbox One console demo machine in stores but it seems that it is not popular in my country where all the shops I've been to has only PS4 demo console machine.

    I am stuck with 2 weeks with no other ways to recover my bricked Elite controller.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-10T23:28:28+00:00

    you need to connect your controller to a xbox one and run the update. it will then work with a PC.

    rolling back drivers will not help. somehow the accessory app has disabled the buttons/inputs on the controllers. you have to update the controller using an xbox one. it will then work on a PC again.

    https://forums.xbox.com/xbox\_support/xbox\_on\_windows\_support/f/5412/t/2203002.aspx?pi7406=2

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-10-08T17:30:10+00:00

    Hi Ryan,

    I contacted Xbox customer support before I posted my issue here. It was the Xbox support team that directed me to contact Windows support team.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments