I've also wasted hours and decidedly threw the controller against the wall. WHOOPS. I guess it's time to go back to the Xbox 360 controller that has worked. consistently. every. single. time. for the past 6 years.
XBox One Elite controller not detected by Xbox Accessories App after firmware update
Hi,
I am using Windows 10 Pro with anniversary update installed. My Xbox One Elite controller no longer works after a firmware update by Xbox Accessories app.
I was testing my new Xbox One Elite controller until I realized I need to install Xbox Accessories app for key mapping features. After I installed Xbox Accessories app, it prompted me to update the firmware of my Elite controller. I proceed with the firmware update and it completed successfully. My Elite controller is connected to pc via usb port.
After the firmware update, Xbox Accessories app does not detect my Elite controller anymore. It just shows "Connect a controller to get started". I checked under Windows 10 device manager, my Elite controller is corrected detected with the latest driver.
My Elite controller is totally not functional in Windows 10 now despite all the troubleshooting method I found online. There are other Xbox One Elite controller owners facing the exact same problem in this tread below :-
https://forums.xbox.com/xbox\_support/xbox\_on\_windows\_support/f/5412/t/2203002.aspx?pi7406=1
There are other users highlighted this problem in Xbox Accessories app review in store :-
Xbox Accessories (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh30xj3)
I hope we can highlight this potential driver or Xbox Accessories app issue to Windows support team to come up with a fix in a reasonable time.
Thank you.
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2016-11-06T19:22:49+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-10-21T23:42:04+00:00 I have also been searching for fix with no luck what a load of **** this controller is not fully compatible with windows 10. I have wasted hours trying to figure out a fix.
-
Anonymous
2016-10-20T01:24:51+00:00 Good to hear that, mate. I still haven't found access to Xbox One console. I am still trying while hoping Microsoft will come up with a solution.
-
Anonymous
2016-10-19T15:23:15+00:00 i had to ask someone online, but i found someone in my neighborhood that let me go over and use their xbox one. as soon as i plugged it in, it ran an update on the controller and unbricked it. my controller now works on my PC again.
-
Anonymous
2016-10-19T04:12:17+00:00 Seems like after such a long period, still no official solution from Microsoft.