XBox One Elite controller not detected by Xbox Accessories App after firmware update

Anonymous
2016-09-30T17:15:46+00:00

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 Pro with anniversary update installed. My Xbox One Elite controller no longer works after a firmware update by Xbox Accessories app.

I was testing my new Xbox One Elite controller until I realized I need to install Xbox Accessories app for key mapping features. After I installed Xbox Accessories app, it prompted me to update the firmware of my Elite controller. I proceed with the firmware update and it completed successfully. My Elite controller is connected to pc via usb port.

After the firmware update, Xbox Accessories app does not detect my Elite controller anymore. It just shows "Connect a controller to get started". I checked under Windows 10 device manager, my Elite controller is corrected detected with the latest driver.

My Elite controller is totally not functional in Windows 10 now despite all the troubleshooting method I found online. There are other Xbox One Elite controller owners facing the exact same problem in this tread below :-

https://forums.xbox.com/xbox\_support/xbox\_on\_windows\_support/f/5412/t/2203002.aspx?pi7406=1

There are other users highlighted this problem in Xbox Accessories app review in store :-

Xbox Accessories (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh30xj3)

I hope we can highlight this potential driver or Xbox Accessories app issue to Windows support team to come up with a fix in a reasonable time.

Thank you.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-20T22:43:24+00:00

    Hi again.

    I tried both Patrick8721 and Captain Darling suggestions, none of them worked I am sad to say :( I would think that this is a firmware issue and not a issue with the driver for the controller, and I dont know how to reset the controller to factory settings (or downgrade the firmware)

    So I downloaded reWASD2 and would you now, that app found my controller right away...

    Microsoft, get your **** together please.....

    Thanks for the reply guys, please do let me know if yor find a solution for how to get it work with the Accessories app again (even though reWASD seems pretty nice)

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-20T02:29:23+00:00

    Ok I might have jumped the gun with my post. It looks like the most recent update to the Xbox controller makes it invisible from the Xbox Accessories app. I was able to get it back to factory settings and it was recognized but after updating it again it disappeared.

    I was able to get my controller recognized again by going to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers and then right clicking on the controller and going into properties. From here go to the Hardware tab, click on Xbox Controller and click Properties at the bottom. From here click Change Settings, go to the Driver tab and click Uninstall Device.

    After doing this unplug and plug back in your controller and Xbox Accessories will find it. Just beware though that if you update it it will disappear again. I will see if uninstalling the controller solves the bluetooth issues it's been having on other machines...

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-20T02:19:21+00:00

    Updated my wireless Xbox One controller (not an Elite) a few days ago using the Xbox Accessory app. Now it is not being recognized by the program. It still works when I plug it in via usb but the bluetooth settings seem to be all screwed up as it will not connect to any of my devices. I was hoping to see what I could do using the Accessory app but it cannot find the controller.

    I followed the steps Captain Darling detailed above but it did not solve the issue. Please fix your app microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-19T23:01:47+00:00

    This happened to me a few days ago. As for Christian above - the controller was still working, but Xbox Accessories App not recognising it. Fix that worked for me...

    1. Uninstall Xbox Accessories App
    2. Got into Control Panel -> Devices
    3. Forget *every* controller. I had about 6 xbox controllers - not sure why (I only have 3).
    4. Unplug the wireless dongle
    5. Restart PC
    6. Install Xbox Accessories App
    7. Plugin wireless dongle
    8. Pair the Elite - should show installing device notification at this point
    9. Launch Xbox Accessories App and you should be good

    Hope it helps a few!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-10-19T16:56:54+00:00

    I am experiencing this issue as well. Cant remember the last time I did a firmware update, but I just tried to configure the controller in the Accessoires app and it could not find my controller. The controller is working though, I am able to use it in games, but I am no longer able to configure it. Please help if you have a solution!

    Driver version for my controller is: 10.0.15063.0

    Windows 10 version is: 1703, build 15063.608

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments