XBox One Elite controller not detected by Xbox Accessories App after firmware update

Anonymous
2016-09-30T17:15:46+00:00

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 Pro with anniversary update installed. My Xbox One Elite controller no longer works after a firmware update by Xbox Accessories app.

I was testing my new Xbox One Elite controller until I realized I need to install Xbox Accessories app for key mapping features. After I installed Xbox Accessories app, it prompted me to update the firmware of my Elite controller. I proceed with the firmware update and it completed successfully. My Elite controller is connected to pc via usb port.

After the firmware update, Xbox Accessories app does not detect my Elite controller anymore. It just shows "Connect a controller to get started". I checked under Windows 10 device manager, my Elite controller is corrected detected with the latest driver.

My Elite controller is totally not functional in Windows 10 now despite all the troubleshooting method I found online. There are other Xbox One Elite controller owners facing the exact same problem in this tread below :-

https://forums.xbox.com/xbox\_support/xbox\_on\_windows\_support/f/5412/t/2203002.aspx?pi7406=1

There are other users highlighted this problem in Xbox Accessories app review in store :-

Xbox Accessories (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh30xj3)

I hope we can highlight this potential driver or Xbox Accessories app issue to Windows support team to come up with a fix in a reasonable time.

Thank you.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-31T18:05:27+00:00

    The only way I've found to get back into the button mapping is to literally keep uninstalling and installing the Xbox Accessories App till it detects my Elite Controller. Installed > Launched the app > "Connect A Controller" > Uninstalled > Repeat till

    it detects.

    Edit: So clearly it's a issue with the App and is something Microsoft needs to fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-26T21:13:41+00:00

    I just got this as well. It worked earlier today and now it stopped working and just tell me to "Connect a controller" in the app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-23T06:05:08+00:00

    Same issues as everyone else. App won't detect controller. I can go into device manager and change from Elite to Controller, will work until I restart or close app.

    Any help MS?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-21T20:46:46+00:00

    I´m having the same problem. Sometimes the app recognizes my elite controller but I cant enter configuration and on top it says not asigned, although it seems to recognize when I switch from 1 to 2 and do a vibration test. It even tells me what firmware I have, but when I tap on configuration I get redirected to the start screen!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-10-21T07:27:11+00:00

    I have the same issue since a few days. Have my Elite Controller working for over a year, now it suddenly does not recognize it anymore in the Accessories App. The last firmware upgrade was done months ago. Is this a bug with the app? Anyone tried it with Windows Fall Creators Update?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments