This is exactly my situation. Everything is up to date, virtually nothing running in the background, and at best I can get it to find the controller, but no way to actually configure it.
XBox One Elite controller not detected by Xbox Accessories App after firmware update
Hi,
I am using Windows 10 Pro with anniversary update installed. My Xbox One Elite controller no longer works after a firmware update by Xbox Accessories app.
I was testing my new Xbox One Elite controller until I realized I need to install Xbox Accessories app for key mapping features. After I installed Xbox Accessories app, it prompted me to update the firmware of my Elite controller. I proceed with the firmware update and it completed successfully. My Elite controller is connected to pc via usb port.
After the firmware update, Xbox Accessories app does not detect my Elite controller anymore. It just shows "Connect a controller to get started". I checked under Windows 10 device manager, my Elite controller is corrected detected with the latest driver.
My Elite controller is totally not functional in Windows 10 now despite all the troubleshooting method I found online. There are other Xbox One Elite controller owners facing the exact same problem in this tread below :-
https://forums.xbox.com/xbox\_support/xbox\_on\_windows\_support/f/5412/t/2203002.aspx?pi7406=1
There are other users highlighted this problem in Xbox Accessories app review in store :-
Xbox Accessories (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh30xj3)
I hope we can highlight this potential driver or Xbox Accessories app issue to Windows support team to come up with a fix in a reasonable time.
Thank you.
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2017-11-21T02:50:39+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-11-17T23:48:59+00:00 Holy ****, I had found a way of getting around this by logging into Xbox Live app, now even that´s not working anymore. I paid 150$ for this controller Microsoft WTF!!!!!
-
Anonymous
2017-11-17T20:23:58+00:00 You can use reWASD for mapping untill MS fixes their ****
You should not be required to use a third party application (that charges after a 14 day trial) to fix an issue created by a fortune 500 company. This issue needs resolving soon as it renders the functionality and purpose of a product obsolete and for this to have gone on for so long is, in my opinion, an insult to fans and consumers.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2017-11-11T13:00:24+00:00 It helped me with regular XBox One controller. Thank you