XBox One Elite controller not detected by Xbox Accessories App after firmware update

Anonymous
2016-09-30T17:15:46+00:00

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 Pro with anniversary update installed. My Xbox One Elite controller no longer works after a firmware update by Xbox Accessories app.

I was testing my new Xbox One Elite controller until I realized I need to install Xbox Accessories app for key mapping features. After I installed Xbox Accessories app, it prompted me to update the firmware of my Elite controller. I proceed with the firmware update and it completed successfully. My Elite controller is connected to pc via usb port.

After the firmware update, Xbox Accessories app does not detect my Elite controller anymore. It just shows "Connect a controller to get started". I checked under Windows 10 device manager, my Elite controller is corrected detected with the latest driver.

My Elite controller is totally not functional in Windows 10 now despite all the troubleshooting method I found online. There are other Xbox One Elite controller owners facing the exact same problem in this tread below :-

https://forums.xbox.com/xbox\_support/xbox\_on\_windows\_support/f/5412/t/2203002.aspx?pi7406=1

There are other users highlighted this problem in Xbox Accessories app review in store :-

Xbox Accessories (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh30xj3)

I hope we can highlight this potential driver or Xbox Accessories app issue to Windows support team to come up with a fix in a reasonable time.

Thank you.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-07T11:18:12+00:00
    1. Paid $199.00 (AU) for the elite controller because of the sales pitch about being able to  configure it on Windows 10 using the App.
    2. Downloaded the App.
    3. Connected elite controller to Windows 10 with the supplied usb cable
    4. The App did a controller firmware update.
    5. Then the app opens to the controller config page but doesn't allow me to do anything when I click on the configure button. Nothing happens & it just hangs on that page.
    6. I have since been told that even though you have the elite controller connected to your PC with a USB cable you cannot configure the buttons etc in windows 10 until you connect the elite controller to the PC with an Xbox wireless adapter.

    This wireless adapter will cost you another $25 bucks (AU) on top of the battery pack & charger that you have to buy to get a half decent gaming experience with the controller on the Xbox one.

    Microsoft just give you a couple of lousy Double AA Batteries with this $199.00 (AU) Elite controller (and they were Flat straight out of the box).

    I knew it was a big dollar outlay for a controller & I wouldn't have minded paying the big bucks for it if it had worked on Windows 10 the way it was advertised that it would work, But it doesn't.

    What a hunk of junk this App is, & to be quite honest the $199.00 dollar Xbox Elite controller isn't too much better that the standard Xbox one controller when used on a PC anyway.

    Sure, it's a bit heavier, a bit prettier with a few extra buttons (that cannot be configured on windows 10).

    So why buy it when it does nothing more than the standard controller. In my opinion it is Not worth $199.00 if you are going to use it on a PC.

    Don't believe everything in the sales pitch because other than for a few extra paddles on the elite it is pretty much all talk when it comes to using it on a PC.

    Plus Microsoft do not want to know about it and seem to be in denial.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-07T11:16:26+00:00
    1. Paid $199.00 (AU) for the elite controller because of the sales pitch about being able to  configure it on Windows 10 using the App.
    2. Downloaded the App.
    3. Connected elite controller to Windows 10 with the supplied usb cable
    4. The App did a controller firmware update.
    5. Then the app opens to the controller config page but doesn't allow me to do anything when I click on the configure button. Nothing happens & it just hangs on that page.
    6. I have since been told that even though you have the elite controller connected to your PC with a USB cable you cannot configure the buttons etc in windows 10 until you connect the elite controller to the PC with an Xbox wireless adapter.

    This wireless adapter will cost you another $25 bucks (AU) on top of the battery pack & charger that you have to buy to get a half decent gaming experience with the controller on the Xbox one.

    Microsoft just give you a couple of lousy Double AA Batteries with this $199.00 (AU) Elite controller (and they were Flat straight out of the box).

    I knew it was a big dollar outlay for a controller & I wouldn't have minded paying the big bucks for it if it had worked on Windows 10 the way it was advertised that it would work, But it doesn't.

    What a hunk of junk this App is, & to be quite honest the $199.00 dollar Xbox Elite controller isn't too much better that the standard Xbox one controller when used on a PC anyway.

    Sure, it's a bit heavier, a bit prettier with a few extra buttons (that cannot be configured on windows 10).

    So why buy it when it does nothing more than the standard controller. In my opinion it is Not worth $199.00 if you are going to use it on a PC.

    Don't believe everything in the sales pitch because other than for a few extra paddles on the elite it is pretty much all talk when it comes to using it on a PC.

    Plus Microsoft do not want to know about it and seem to be in denial.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-23T21:52:11+00:00

    Im having this same issue. WE really NEED a solution from Microsoft about this!

    I recently bought a Xbox One Controller with a Bluetooth adapter. Both are working fine, but I wanted to update my xbox controller firmware so  I downloaded and installed the Xbox Accessories app from the windows 10 store.

    That's where it gets weird : once I launch the app without my controller turned ON, the app ask for a controller to be connected. I turn mine ON, see the options "configure" and "device information" (if I recall correctly) for less than a second and the app goes in a loading state infinitely (with the dotted circle going around...). I can still exit the app using the B button, so the app isn't freezing on anything... I've been searching the entire internet for answers, found none. Help T_T

    .

    The following services  are set to automatic and are started:

    Xbox Accessory Management Service

    Xbox Game Monitoring

    Xbox Live Auth Manager

    Xbox Live Game Save

    Xbox Live Networking Service

    WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discory Service

    I don't know which services need to be on and started to get this the app to function correctly.  Also, I just cleanly reinstalled windows and I really do not feel like doing another reinstall  again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-30T12:08:21+00:00

    Same here! Bought elite controller, i dont have xbox one and even though i know its working, its vibrating while connected, clearly detected by windows and installing Xbox Elite controller drivers Xbox Accesories doesnt see it! 

    I've tried uninstalling/installing app drivers many times but it seems that nothing works. Its either message "connect your controller" or this **** "loading" from the picture i upload. 

    Sometimes when i remove/add app it drops few messages about the controller that you can adjust it, change analogs etc and after going "forward" on all of those it goes back to the screen i upload. 

    Tried all usb slots and still same

    Bought this controller as the "best on the market" to have the option of mapping keys which i cant do because microsoft accessories app doesnt recognize it... I will use that 3rd party just to map it for now and while its free for trial but how is it even possible to buy premium product and have such problems. And connecting controller to xbox one is not an option for me because i didint buy it for xbox one!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-28T22:45:45+00:00

    Same problem here....any news? Please Microsoft fix it... -.-

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments