I have reWASD installed too, no luck.
XBox One Elite controller not detected by Xbox Accessories App after firmware update
Hi,
I am using Windows 10 Pro with anniversary update installed. My Xbox One Elite controller no longer works after a firmware update by Xbox Accessories app.
I was testing my new Xbox One Elite controller until I realized I need to install Xbox Accessories app for key mapping features. After I installed Xbox Accessories app, it prompted me to update the firmware of my Elite controller. I proceed with the firmware update and it completed successfully. My Elite controller is connected to pc via usb port.
After the firmware update, Xbox Accessories app does not detect my Elite controller anymore. It just shows "Connect a controller to get started". I checked under Windows 10 device manager, my Elite controller is corrected detected with the latest driver.
My Elite controller is totally not functional in Windows 10 now despite all the troubleshooting method I found online. There are other Xbox One Elite controller owners facing the exact same problem in this tread below :-
https://forums.xbox.com/xbox\_support/xbox\_on\_windows\_support/f/5412/t/2203002.aspx?pi7406=1
There are other users highlighted this problem in Xbox Accessories app review in store :-
Xbox Accessories (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh30xj3)
I hope we can highlight this potential driver or Xbox Accessories app issue to Windows support team to come up with a fix in a reasonable time.
Thank you.
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-01-13T15:46:52+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-01-13T13:38:48+00:00 Mine started working again a few weeks ago.
The only thing controller related I did was installing reWASD. Shortly afterwards, I checked the Xbox app on a lark, and it was functioning properly again. As far as I know there haven't been any recent updates, and I doubt that reWASD had anything to do with it. The problem could be related to a non-MS piece of software or driver?
I have removed reWASD since then, and everything is just fine.
-
Anonymous
2018-01-13T10:53:27+00:00 Microsoft has spat on us. They have been removed the team of testers some years ago, i think the problem began to arise after this. And the second problem - Indian team of programmers, managers, etc... Sorry, but i had a very bad experience with em.. They doing everything slowly with quite a bad work..
p.s. I will never buy any Microsoft **** anymore and say to do the same to everyone. Just have Windows because there is no alternative and thats it.
-
Anonymous
2018-01-10T00:50:02+00:00 I used to have absolutely no issues with the Elite Controller on Windows 10. I've had it for well over a year. I used to be able to configure the buttons and do all the fancy **** it says the app can do on the MS App Store. Something in recent months has made that APP USELESS. For those having connection issues, the controller (at least in the US) comes with the Wireless Adapter. I've always used it and have had no issues switching between the XBOX One and PC using the pairing button.
Microsoft support,
You need to fix this. This is now down to a broken app update or conflicting KB in windows. Do NOT push this back on the users at this point. Until someone has a full success story to post confirming that they were able to connect their controller and utilize the configuration features as described WITHOUT ISSUES, you are completely at fault here.
PS This is going to reddit right now and hopefully the public shaming will get your heads out of your collective rears.
-
Anonymous
2017-12-23T21:52:11+00:00 Im having this same issue. WE really NEED a solution from Microsoft about this!
I recently bought a Xbox One Controller with a Bluetooth adapter. Both are working fine, but I wanted to update my xbox controller firmware so I downloaded and installed the Xbox Accessories app from the windows 10 store.
That's where it gets weird : once I launch the app without my controller turned ON, the app ask for a controller to be connected. I turn mine ON, see the options "configure" and "device information" (if I recall correctly) for less than a second and the app goes in a loading state infinitely (with the dotted circle going around...). I can still exit the app using the B button, so the app isn't freezing on anything... I've been searching the entire internet for answers, found none. Help T_T
.
The following services are set to automatic and are started:
Xbox Accessory Management Service
Xbox Game Monitoring
Xbox Live Auth Manager
Xbox Live Game Save
Xbox Live Networking Service
WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discory Service
I don't know which services need to be on and started to get this the app to function correctly. Also, I just cleanly reinstalled windows and I really do not feel like doing another reinstall again.