It helped me with regular XBox One controller. Thank you
XBox One Elite controller not detected by Xbox Accessories App after firmware update
Hi,
I am using Windows 10 Pro with anniversary update installed. My Xbox One Elite controller no longer works after a firmware update by Xbox Accessories app.
I was testing my new Xbox One Elite controller until I realized I need to install Xbox Accessories app for key mapping features. After I installed Xbox Accessories app, it prompted me to update the firmware of my Elite controller. I proceed with the firmware update and it completed successfully. My Elite controller is connected to pc via usb port.
After the firmware update, Xbox Accessories app does not detect my Elite controller anymore. It just shows "Connect a controller to get started". I checked under Windows 10 device manager, my Elite controller is corrected detected with the latest driver.
My Elite controller is totally not functional in Windows 10 now despite all the troubleshooting method I found online. There are other Xbox One Elite controller owners facing the exact same problem in this tread below :-
https://forums.xbox.com/xbox\_support/xbox\_on\_windows\_support/f/5412/t/2203002.aspx?pi7406=1
There are other users highlighted this problem in Xbox Accessories app review in store :-
Xbox Accessories (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh30xj3)
I hope we can highlight this potential driver or Xbox Accessories app issue to Windows support team to come up with a fix in a reasonable time.
Thank you.
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2017-11-11T13:00:24+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-11-03T03:03:18+00:00 i put a message out on the nextdoor app/site. found a neighbor that let me use their xbox to do the update (takes 5 minutes or less). brought him a 6 pack.
-
Anonymous
2017-11-01T02:06:21+00:00 Same problem here. Don't have an Xbox one. Luckily my controller works, but I would like to customize some buttons, you know, because I paid $150 for it.
-
Anonymous
2017-10-26T21:13:41+00:00 I just got this as well. It worked earlier today and now it stopped working and just tell me to "Connect a controller" in the app.
-
Anonymous
2017-10-23T06:05:08+00:00 Same issues as everyone else. App won't detect controller. I can go into device manager and change from Elite to Controller, will work until I restart or close app.
Any help MS?