XBox One Elite controller not detected by Xbox Accessories App after firmware update

Anonymous
2016-09-30T17:15:46+00:00

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 Pro with anniversary update installed. My Xbox One Elite controller no longer works after a firmware update by Xbox Accessories app.

I was testing my new Xbox One Elite controller until I realized I need to install Xbox Accessories app for key mapping features. After I installed Xbox Accessories app, it prompted me to update the firmware of my Elite controller. I proceed with the firmware update and it completed successfully. My Elite controller is connected to pc via usb port.

After the firmware update, Xbox Accessories app does not detect my Elite controller anymore. It just shows "Connect a controller to get started". I checked under Windows 10 device manager, my Elite controller is corrected detected with the latest driver.

My Elite controller is totally not functional in Windows 10 now despite all the troubleshooting method I found online. There are other Xbox One Elite controller owners facing the exact same problem in this tread below :-

https://forums.xbox.com/xbox\_support/xbox\_on\_windows\_support/f/5412/t/2203002.aspx?pi7406=1

There are other users highlighted this problem in Xbox Accessories app review in store :-

Xbox Accessories (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh30xj3)

I hope we can highlight this potential driver or Xbox Accessories app issue to Windows support team to come up with a fix in a reasonable time.

Thank you.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-20T22:43:24+00:00

    Hi again.

    I tried both Patrick8721 and Captain Darling suggestions, none of them worked I am sad to say :( I would think that this is a firmware issue and not a issue with the driver for the controller, and I dont know how to reset the controller to factory settings (or downgrade the firmware)

    So I downloaded reWASD2 and would you now, that app found my controller right away...

    Microsoft, get your **** together please.....

    Thanks for the reply guys, please do let me know if yor find a solution for how to get it work with the Accessories app again (even though reWASD seems pretty nice)

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-20T02:19:21+00:00

    Updated my wireless Xbox One controller (not an Elite) a few days ago using the Xbox Accessory app. Now it is not being recognized by the program. It still works when I plug it in via usb but the bluetooth settings seem to be all screwed up as it will not connect to any of my devices. I was hoping to see what I could do using the Accessory app but it cannot find the controller.

    I followed the steps Captain Darling detailed above but it did not solve the issue. Please fix your app microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-11T00:33:06+00:00

    you need to connect your controller to a xbox one and run the update. it will then work with a PC.

    rolling back drivers will not help. somehow the accessory app has disabled the buttons/inputs on the controllers. you have to update the controller using an xbox one. it will then work on a PC again.

    https://forums.xbox.com/xbox\_support/xbox\_on\_windows\_support/f/5412/t/2203002.aspx?pi7406=2 

    Thank you for your reply.

    I do not own a Xbox One console nor any of my friends. I have been searching everywhere for a Xbox One console demo machine in stores but it seems that it is not popular in my country where all the shops I've been to has only PS4 demo console machine.

    I am stuck with 2 weeks with no other ways to recover my bricked Elite controller.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-27T06:33:07+00:00

    to fix need to reinstall Windows. But not through system restore, completely re-installation disk/pendrive.

    It is not a solution, because it will persist again after windows anniversary update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-10-06T18:34:30+00:00

    Hi Albie,

    You may try to perform below steps to roll back driver and see if it helps.

    • Right click Windows Logo, then choose Device Manager.
    • Expand the category, right click on the driver and select properties.
    • Navigate to driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.

    Let us know the outcome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments