Windows 10 password field on login screen not showing

Anonymous
2017-01-12T02:32:46+00:00

I have Windows 10, 64bit with all the latest updates.

When I put my computer to sleep and wake up, the password field is not showing. I have to do a restart to be able to log in.

Microsoft isn't fixing this, there are no solutions for this problem, I have tried everything.. I also had this problem in the past, I reinstalled Windows, but I'm not gonna do another reinstall for such minor problem which can probably be fixed without reinstall..

I'm using a local account, and I do not intend to use microsoft account to log in.

I have done sfc and dism also - no corruption. But this problem started after I uninstalled microsoft bloatware and unnecessary crap.

Please don't tell me to create a new account - I've seen these suggestions everywhere, they don't help in any way. I want to use my current account. Please tell me how to fix this. 

These are all the current apps I have

What is missing here ? LockApp is still there..

* Post moved by the moderator to the most appropriate forum category.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-25T07:49:40+00:00

    I am trying your previous suggestion.

    But I can not reinstal my pc. There are plenty of important documents whis not backed-up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-25T13:18:35+00:00

    İ tried but did not work😭

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-03-26T21:01:44+00:00

    Same problem. Have tried all suggestions, and reinstalled from scratch many times. No solution. Please help, Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-03-27T08:36:31+00:00

    İ have switched to safe mod to save all my documents.

    Now I am going to re install windows

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-03-27T10:06:43+00:00

    İ have switched to safe mod to save all my documents.

    Now I am going to re install windows

    Were you able to login normally whilst in Safe Mode?

    If yes definitely backup your files and docs before doing anything else.

    If login works in safe mode might be worth investigating what startup apps load and test for which is/are preventing login. Might save reinstalling Windows and prevent further issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments