Windows 10 password field on login screen not showing

Anonymous
2017-01-12T02:32:46+00:00

I have Windows 10, 64bit with all the latest updates.

When I put my computer to sleep and wake up, the password field is not showing. I have to do a restart to be able to log in.

Microsoft isn't fixing this, there are no solutions for this problem, I have tried everything.. I also had this problem in the past, I reinstalled Windows, but I'm not gonna do another reinstall for such minor problem which can probably be fixed without reinstall..

I'm using a local account, and I do not intend to use microsoft account to log in.

I have done sfc and dism also - no corruption. But this problem started after I uninstalled microsoft bloatware and unnecessary crap.

Please don't tell me to create a new account - I've seen these suggestions everywhere, they don't help in any way. I want to use my current account. Please tell me how to fix this. 

These are all the current apps I have

What is missing here ? LockApp is still there..

* Post moved by the moderator to the most appropriate forum category.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-09-17T01:20:59+00:00

    I had this problem as well. It started happening after I uninstalled Norton. I solved it after I was able to restore the file from the recycling bin.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-09-19T16:57:42+00:00

    I am sorry to see so many people having the same problem as myself. My next option to fix the issue is to re-install the Windows 10 and turn OFF Windows updates permanently. 

    I have very important software installed and have to do a special arrangements to re-install it after Windows work. 

    Dear Microsoft, I am very disappointed. Shame on you. Better quality means happy customers. 

    Pavel Gouchtchine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-26T00:32:04+00:00

    Here it is October 2017 and the same issue: No login prompt (after last night's updates)

    After trying EVERY example (restore, backout last update, command line net, low res startup) and finding nothing that works I'm stuck with wiping out all my data in order to get the computer to work.

    Microsoft, I will order a tablet to keep my day to day important stuff on, I will not be purchasing anymore boat anchors that require your products to operate.

    To those that work for Microsoft and the managers that allow this to happen, I'm sorry, perhaps when you get your next job you can reflect on what you could have done better. Meanwhile I'm good with Android on Intel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-26T17:19:15+00:00

    I reset the computer and lost all files. After hours of "Leave your device on we're going as fast as we can" I finally got a desk top. I changed the computer name to what it used to be and was forced to reboot but when it got to the login screen there was NO LOGIN BOX. The disk will light up for awhile then back to the screen with the Time and date.

    What are you doing Microsoft? If you want someone to stop using your product just ask, locking them out of their computer is deceitful at best.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-10-27T17:11:08+00:00

    I have also been experiencing this same problem ... no pass code login box after the HP Envy Laptop has been in sleep mode.

    Issue started a few months ago, definitely after some Win 10 MS updates, but I can't be sure which update or if other changes happened at the same time. Happens every time the laptop goes into sleep mode.

    I also have a desktop PC running Win 10, but doesn't show the same problem.

    Really annoying when the only solution is to restart the computer. This has been an issue for more than two years ... really is time Microsoft found a proper solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments