Windows 10 password field on login screen not showing

Anonymous
2017-01-12T02:32:46+00:00

I have Windows 10, 64bit with all the latest updates.

When I put my computer to sleep and wake up, the password field is not showing. I have to do a restart to be able to log in.

Microsoft isn't fixing this, there are no solutions for this problem, I have tried everything.. I also had this problem in the past, I reinstalled Windows, but I'm not gonna do another reinstall for such minor problem which can probably be fixed without reinstall..

I'm using a local account, and I do not intend to use microsoft account to log in.

I have done sfc and dism also - no corruption. But this problem started after I uninstalled microsoft bloatware and unnecessary crap.

Please don't tell me to create a new account - I've seen these suggestions everywhere, they don't help in any way. I want to use my current account. Please tell me how to fix this. 

These are all the current apps I have

What is missing here ? LockApp is still there..

* Post moved by the moderator to the most appropriate forum category.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-02-15T07:10:54+00:00

    What a great service from Microsoft!

    No response anymore. 

    We'll just have to live with it until the 'Creators update' - or whatever they call it - comes, hoping it will as 'magically' disappear as it has begun.

    We will - so it seems - never find the real cause of the problem and MS apparently thinks that is just fine. 

    First everybody needed to convert to Win 10 from a perfectly fine working OS. Now they left us with a ton of bugs as this is just the tip of the ice berg, too.

    Long live 'closed' software, I guess.

    And long live my dual boot config: Linux here I come again!

    Surprised Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-18T07:40:54+00:00

    Hi - I had this problem, It was fixed by emptying the recycle bin - which I must admit had abut 12Gb of old files in it as I hadnt emptied it for months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2017-07-29T22:30:56+00:00

    I have been having this problem for over a month now. Very frustrating. Sadly, my partner's computer started doing it yesterday too. I've tried emptying the recycle bin (along with many of the other suggestions here, with the exception of creating a new account as this is not an acceptable solution). Maybe it is time to bite the bullet and move over to Linux.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-07-30T21:56:19+00:00

    After having this problem for several months, I have been working on solving it for several days now. I think I have finally found a working solution by Pawan Dhondiyal in another forum... essentially, all I had to do was figure out how to restart the system in safe mode (I chose option 5 - safe mode with networking). Once I was there, I put the laptop into sleep mode and then restarted. Problem seems to have gone at last. Fingers crossed that it stays that way for a while. The url for the solution is  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows\_10-performance/password-box-missing-on-windows-10-login-screen/584819c5-ed48-4e28-b9bc-3d4ab51e19ed

    BAD NEWS:

    After a few more hours, and reinstalling my antivirus software (which had been uninstalled by a technician to test if it was the problem), the problem has returned. I tried the same technique without success. I tried disabling the antivirus software and removing it from startup, then used the method described above and still no success... It is broken again. The last technician said my system is corrupted and needs a clean install. I had to decline and I will live with the inconvenience of shutting down my computer instead of using the Sleep mode for now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments