Windows 10 password field on login screen not showing

Anonymous
2017-01-12T02:32:46+00:00

I have Windows 10, 64bit with all the latest updates.

When I put my computer to sleep and wake up, the password field is not showing. I have to do a restart to be able to log in.

Microsoft isn't fixing this, there are no solutions for this problem, I have tried everything.. I also had this problem in the past, I reinstalled Windows, but I'm not gonna do another reinstall for such minor problem which can probably be fixed without reinstall..

I'm using a local account, and I do not intend to use microsoft account to log in.

I have done sfc and dism also - no corruption. But this problem started after I uninstalled microsoft bloatware and unnecessary crap.

Please don't tell me to create a new account - I've seen these suggestions everywhere, they don't help in any way. I want to use my current account. Please tell me how to fix this. 

These are all the current apps I have

What is missing here ? LockApp is still there..

* Post moved by the moderator to the most appropriate forum category.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-02-04T04:35:15+00:00

    I did an in-place upgrade of windows 10 and it made things even worse. Explorer is crashing when I navigate to  "open with" submenu...

    How can this happen if in-place upgrade "repairs everything"...... ?

    Also after in-place upgrade PC settings categories - Personalize and Accounts doesn't work anymore....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-02-05T15:44:15+00:00

    This seems to be a typical Microsoft 'solution': work around the problem and see if it is OK again.

    If so, keep using the work around (which would be removing and adding the current user profile, I guess).

    Nothing was changed in my user profile. Why should I create and remove new user profiles, risking even more problems in the process (considering getting a log-in screen does not seem to be rocket science, either, and yet this apparently starts failing out-of-the-blue)?

    I would really rather hear where this problem might be coming from (and I suppose this would be the only way for Microsoft, too), instead of starting trying out work arounds. If this would take more time; so be it. At least we (read: Microsoft!) would learn from this to prevent it from happening to all these users again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Virginia M 42,075 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2017-02-05T15:56:14+00:00

    When you did an in-place upgrade did you disconnect any connected USB hard drives? I've noticed when doing the same thing that I have problems unless I do the upgrade with no external hard drives connected.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-02-14T22:46:47+00:00

    I'm still having the same problem after doing an in-place upgrade TWICE ! ....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-02-14T22:47:28+00:00

    No external USB hard drives were connected at that time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments