Same here! Using Windows 10 Professional.
When returning from sleep mode it happens. Nothing that seemingly can be done, except a system restart (with possibly losing data in the process).
Fix needed ASAP! This is not acceptable Microsoft!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have Windows 10, 64bit with all the latest updates.
When I put my computer to sleep and wake up, the password field is not showing. I have to do a restart to be able to log in.
Microsoft isn't fixing this, there are no solutions for this problem, I have tried everything.. I also had this problem in the past, I reinstalled Windows, but I'm not gonna do another reinstall for such minor problem which can probably be fixed without reinstall..
I'm using a local account, and I do not intend to use microsoft account to log in.
I have done sfc and dism also - no corruption. But this problem started after I uninstalled microsoft bloatware and unnecessary crap.
Please don't tell me to create a new account - I've seen these suggestions everywhere, they don't help in any way. I want to use my current account. Please tell me how to fix this.
These are all the current apps I have
What is missing here ? LockApp is still there..
* Post moved by the moderator to the most appropriate forum category.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Same here! Using Windows 10 Professional.
When returning from sleep mode it happens. Nothing that seemingly can be done, except a system restart (with possibly losing data in the process).
Fix needed ASAP! This is not acceptable Microsoft!
Hi,
To help you with your concern regarding the account login on the login screen, let me suggest that you update the display adapter on your device and see if the issue persist. Press Windows key > Device Manager > Display adapters > Right-click the driver > Properties > Driver tab > Update Driver.
Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.
Hi,
Tried to do as you suggested. The AMD R7 250 driver update through Windows did not work: latest driver already installed.
Next stop: AMD website! Downloaded the latest driver and all seems to be ok. Will keep you posted if it stays like this.
Would be nice to read somewhere what has caused this as it worked fine until some time ago.
Update:
Sorry to inform you that the solution only worked for a short amount of time.
Back to square one as the problem is still there. Latest greatest drivers did not help either.
This is so sad... I currently need to solely use my other OS: Linux Mint. At least that one works flawlessly.
Come on, Microsoft!
Does the issue occur on a specific user profile only? Try to create a new user profile and see if the issue persist.
Please keep us posted.
I did an in-place upgrade of windows 10 and it made things even worse. Explorer is crashing when I navigate to "open with" submenu...
How can this happen if in-place upgrade "repairs everything"...... ?