Windows 10 password field on login screen not showing

Anonymous
2017-01-12T02:32:46+00:00

I have Windows 10, 64bit with all the latest updates.

When I put my computer to sleep and wake up, the password field is not showing. I have to do a restart to be able to log in.

Microsoft isn't fixing this, there are no solutions for this problem, I have tried everything.. I also had this problem in the past, I reinstalled Windows, but I'm not gonna do another reinstall for such minor problem which can probably be fixed without reinstall..

I'm using a local account, and I do not intend to use microsoft account to log in.

I have done sfc and dism also - no corruption. But this problem started after I uninstalled microsoft bloatware and unnecessary crap.

Please don't tell me to create a new account - I've seen these suggestions everywhere, they don't help in any way. I want to use my current account. Please tell me how to fix this. 

These are all the current apps I have

What is missing here ? LockApp is still there..

* Post moved by the moderator to the most appropriate forum category.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-27T18:49:19+00:00

    İ had tried your suggestion.

    Deactivated all the startup programs from task manager. Then restarted. But İ am not able to log in again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-27T19:01:47+00:00

    Suggest you take the PC to a computer repair shop, hopefully they will be able to recover your documents ... should be possible to connect the hard drive externally. Then reinstall Windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-03-27T19:07:43+00:00

    İ have reached my documents through safe mode and uploaded all my files to cloud.

    İt is ok.

    Now I am trying to reboot my pc from usb pen drive to install win 10.

    But there is new problem. I have created bootable usb with iso file. 

    When I try to boot from it, bios says that "boot device is not authenticated"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-03-27T19:17:21+00:00

    Great that your files are safe! I tried to download the Microsoft Win10 re-installer software from their website and had no luck. Visited a local computer repir shop and they gave me a DVD copy to reinstall Win10 and it worked perfectly. I haven’t any experience with a USB pen drive installer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments