Do you have three icons in the bottom right corner of your Login screen? Right click the one on the right (see the image below) and select Update and restart. The login screen will reappear. Enter your password or pin number and with luck you will be able to access your computer.
Windows 10 password field on login screen not showing
I have Windows 10, 64bit with all the latest updates.
When I put my computer to sleep and wake up, the password field is not showing. I have to do a restart to be able to log in.
Microsoft isn't fixing this, there are no solutions for this problem, I have tried everything.. I also had this problem in the past, I reinstalled Windows, but I'm not gonna do another reinstall for such minor problem which can probably be fixed without reinstall..
I'm using a local account, and I do not intend to use microsoft account to log in.
I have done sfc and dism also - no corruption. But this problem started after I uninstalled microsoft bloatware and unnecessary crap.
Please don't tell me to create a new account - I've seen these suggestions everywhere, they don't help in any way. I want to use my current account. Please tell me how to fix this.
These are all the current apps I have
What is missing here ? LockApp is still there..
* Post moved by the moderator to the most appropriate forum category.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2017-01-12T07:47:41+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-01-12T08:20:34+00:00 Yes, I have three buttons, I've been doing many restarts all the time by using the power button icon on the login screen.
When I click on the lockscreen it just swipes up and there's empty login screen with no username and password field, just those 3 icons/buttons.
I actually just fixed this by logging into microsoft account and logging off/on from windows, then I switched back to local account and now the password field is showing every time I wake up the PC from sleep mode.
-
Anonymous
2017-01-18T04:21:52+00:00 bump...
-
Anonymous
2017-01-28T02:44:57+00:00 bump/....