Windows 10 password field on login screen not showing

Anonymous
2017-01-12T02:32:46+00:00

I have Windows 10, 64bit with all the latest updates.

When I put my computer to sleep and wake up, the password field is not showing. I have to do a restart to be able to log in.

Microsoft isn't fixing this, there are no solutions for this problem, I have tried everything.. I also had this problem in the past, I reinstalled Windows, but I'm not gonna do another reinstall for such minor problem which can probably be fixed without reinstall..

I'm using a local account, and I do not intend to use microsoft account to log in.

I have done sfc and dism also - no corruption. But this problem started after I uninstalled microsoft bloatware and unnecessary crap.

Please don't tell me to create a new account - I've seen these suggestions everywhere, they don't help in any way. I want to use my current account. Please tell me how to fix this. 

These are all the current apps I have

What is missing here ? LockApp is still there..

* Post moved by the moderator to the most appropriate forum category.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-06T16:05:33+00:00

    Do you have three icons in the bottom right corner of your Login screen? Right click the one on the right (see the image below) and select Update and restart. The login screen will reappear. Enter your password or pin number and with luck you will be able to access your computer.

    I can't believe I wasted over 1h restarting 20 times and trying every possible combination of keys and clicks to find out ultimately that all I had to do is right-click on the bottom right button. 

    Thanks for the solution. I was 3 mins away from reinstalling windows. 

    Thanks Titus ... will try this next time. After trying various suggestions, none of which worked for me, I disabled the sleep mode when the lid is closed. Haven't had any problems since but would prefer to re-enable sleep mode, so try this solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-06T15:50:08+00:00

    Do you have three icons in the bottom right corner of your Login screen? Right click the one on the right (see the image below) and select Update and restart. The login screen will reappear. Enter your password or pin number and with luck you will be able to access your computer.

    I can't believe I wasted over 1h restarting 20 times and trying every possible combination of keys and clicks to find out ultimately that all I had to do is right-click on the bottom right button. 

    Thanks for the solution. I was 3 mins away from reinstalling windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-03T16:36:32+00:00

    All these days i was thinking it was only me and it used to work after 1 or 2 restarts. Today it took atleast 40-50 restarts over 3hrs to display the login box. And thats why i started searching for this issue and found iam not alone !!!

    @Microsoft, pls fix this. It is appalling that this is not  fixed even after so many months and updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-14T14:48:34+00:00

    Same problem with an otherwise healthy and updated Lenovo Yoga Pro 3.

    However, users should try CTL ALT DEL. For me at least this is all I need to do to have the logon dialogue appear, and then all is good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-10-27T17:11:08+00:00

    I have also been experiencing this same problem ... no pass code login box after the HP Envy Laptop has been in sleep mode.

    Issue started a few months ago, definitely after some Win 10 MS updates, but I can't be sure which update or if other changes happened at the same time. Happens every time the laptop goes into sleep mode.

    I also have a desktop PC running Win 10, but doesn't show the same problem.

    Really annoying when the only solution is to restart the computer. This has been an issue for more than two years ... really is time Microsoft found a proper solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments