Windows 10 password field on login screen not showing

Anonymous
2017-01-12T02:32:46+00:00

I have Windows 10, 64bit with all the latest updates.

When I put my computer to sleep and wake up, the password field is not showing. I have to do a restart to be able to log in.

Microsoft isn't fixing this, there are no solutions for this problem, I have tried everything.. I also had this problem in the past, I reinstalled Windows, but I'm not gonna do another reinstall for such minor problem which can probably be fixed without reinstall..

I'm using a local account, and I do not intend to use microsoft account to log in.

I have done sfc and dism also - no corruption. But this problem started after I uninstalled microsoft bloatware and unnecessary crap.

Please don't tell me to create a new account - I've seen these suggestions everywhere, they don't help in any way. I want to use my current account. Please tell me how to fix this. 

These are all the current apps I have

What is missing here ? LockApp is still there..

* Post moved by the moderator to the most appropriate forum category.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-19T18:05:12+00:00

    Do you have three icons in the bottom right corner of your Login screen? Right click the one on the right (see the image below) and select Update and restart. The login screen will reappear. Enter your password or pin number and with luck you will be able to access your computer.

    My log in is in contast wheel with Michael Welcome

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-26T07:11:55+00:00

    Last contributer’s idea is interesting but since I changed settings to disable sleep mode when closing the lid, I haven’t seen the problem of no login box.

    I might try re-enabling sleep to try this latest idea, as none of the other suggestions solved the problem for me.

    Really is time MS looked at this issue!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-14T16:34:41+00:00

    Try disabling Fast startup.

    Right click the battery in the system tray >> Power Options >> Choose what the power button does >> Change settings that are currently unavailable >> uncheck "Turn on fast startup"

    Or:

    Control Panel >> Hardware and Sounds >> Power Options >> Choose what the power button does >> Change settings that are currently unavailable >> uncheck "Turn on fast startup"

    Your startup will be slower but at least you can login.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-06T16:20:53+00:00

    A fix for the missing login password field box for some - Try running the TroubleShooter for Power.  Followed by more complete restart: Shutdown /R , or tap the Desktop then ALT+F4 Restart

    Settings / Update & Security / TroubleShoot  ...scroll down to Power.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-06T16:09:34+00:00

    Thanks John and sorry for the late reply. Unfortunatelty your solution didn't work for me. Worth a try though, meanwhile I have disabled sleep mode and so avoid the issue for now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments