Windows 10 password field on login screen not showing

Anonymous
2017-01-12T02:32:46+00:00

I have Windows 10, 64bit with all the latest updates.

When I put my computer to sleep and wake up, the password field is not showing. I have to do a restart to be able to log in.

Microsoft isn't fixing this, there are no solutions for this problem, I have tried everything.. I also had this problem in the past, I reinstalled Windows, but I'm not gonna do another reinstall for such minor problem which can probably be fixed without reinstall..

I'm using a local account, and I do not intend to use microsoft account to log in.

I have done sfc and dism also - no corruption. But this problem started after I uninstalled microsoft bloatware and unnecessary crap.

Please don't tell me to create a new account - I've seen these suggestions everywhere, they don't help in any way. I want to use my current account. Please tell me how to fix this. 

These are all the current apps I have

What is missing here ? LockApp is still there..

* Post moved by the moderator to the most appropriate forum category.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-27T08:36:31+00:00

    İ have switched to safe mod to save all my documents.

    Now I am going to re install windows

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-26T21:01:44+00:00

    Same problem. Have tried all suggestions, and reinstalled from scratch many times. No solution. Please help, Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-03-25T13:18:35+00:00

    İ tried but did not work😭

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-03-25T07:49:40+00:00

    I am trying your previous suggestion.

    But I can not reinstal my pc. There are plenty of important documents whis not backed-up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-03-25T07:45:25+00:00

    I have bigger problem.

    I is not visible even after restart.

    It is been 2 days since I am not able to log in mu pc.

    Howcan I solve this?

    Did you try my first suggestion? If that did not work, reinstalling Windows 10 is the only way forward that I can suggest.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments