Windows 10 password field on login screen not showing

Anonymous
2017-01-12T02:32:46+00:00

I have Windows 10, 64bit with all the latest updates.

When I put my computer to sleep and wake up, the password field is not showing. I have to do a restart to be able to log in.

Microsoft isn't fixing this, there are no solutions for this problem, I have tried everything.. I also had this problem in the past, I reinstalled Windows, but I'm not gonna do another reinstall for such minor problem which can probably be fixed without reinstall..

I'm using a local account, and I do not intend to use microsoft account to log in.

I have done sfc and dism also - no corruption. But this problem started after I uninstalled microsoft bloatware and unnecessary crap.

Please don't tell me to create a new account - I've seen these suggestions everywhere, they don't help in any way. I want to use my current account. Please tell me how to fix this. 

These are all the current apps I have

What is missing here ? LockApp is still there..

* Post moved by the moderator to the most appropriate forum category.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-12T07:47:41+00:00

    Do you have three icons in the bottom right corner of your Login screen? Right click the one on the right (see the image below) and select Update and restart. The login screen will reappear. Enter your password or pin number and with luck you will be able to access your computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-14T14:48:34+00:00

    Same problem with an otherwise healthy and updated Lenovo Yoga Pro 3.

    However, users should try CTL ALT DEL. For me at least this is all I need to do to have the logon dialogue appear, and then all is good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-30T23:24:24+00:00

    Hi,

    To help you with your concern regarding the account login on the login screen, let me suggest that you update the display adapter on your device and see if the issue persist. Press Windows key > Device Manager > Display adapters > Right-click the driver > Properties > Driver tab  > Update Driver.

    Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-27T17:11:08+00:00

    I have also been experiencing this same problem ... no pass code login box after the HP Envy Laptop has been in sleep mode.

    Issue started a few months ago, definitely after some Win 10 MS updates, but I can't be sure which update or if other changes happened at the same time. Happens every time the laptop goes into sleep mode.

    I also have a desktop PC running Win 10, but doesn't show the same problem.

    Really annoying when the only solution is to restart the computer. This has been an issue for more than two years ... really is time Microsoft found a proper solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-02-15T07:10:54+00:00

    What a great service from Microsoft!

    No response anymore. 

    We'll just have to live with it until the 'Creators update' - or whatever they call it - comes, hoping it will as 'magically' disappear as it has begun.

    We will - so it seems - never find the real cause of the problem and MS apparently thinks that is just fine. 

    First everybody needed to convert to Win 10 from a perfectly fine working OS. Now they left us with a ton of bugs as this is just the tip of the ice berg, too.

    Long live 'closed' software, I guess.

    And long live my dual boot config: Linux here I come again!

    Surprised Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments