I can't sign into my Microsoft account on my Lumia phone

Anonymous
2017-02-06T18:50:24+00:00

I can't sign into my Microsoft account on my Lumia 640LTE phone-

I have recently reset my phone.

When going through the setup process I was unable to sign in.

Thus, I am unable to download apps or sync my devices

I have followed all the hints, tips & steps that I have found on this site as well as many others on the internet.

Reset time manually

Checked for updates

Rebooted phone without sim

Connected wifi / sim data

Reset phone

...

Unfortunately without any success.

If anyone has a solution for me, please may you assists =)

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

54 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-02-07T08:32:10+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-05T07:47:17+00:00

    Hi, I have experienced the same problem but miraculously it finally worked out. 

    Well, the simple solution is try resetting your phone again and look for a very good location where the internet connection is flawless, make sure you are using your wifi... Agree to all recommended settings and keep retrying your sign in to Microsoft even if its annoyingly slow. Please remember, don't click on try again later or skip etc. keep retrying. Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-27T05:11:18+00:00

    I was having some problems on my Lumia 640  LTE  running windows 10 so three days ago, I did a hard reset and ended up with version 1709  10.0.15203.26115 (Developers Program)

    Since then, I have no way to sign into my Microsoft account, have no Edge browser, can't sign into Outlook, Live mail, can't get on the Internet. I did manage to sign in to my G-mail account and that works.but when I try to sign into Outlook/Live, the screen either goes back, or says do you want to search for an app. There is no app to fix this. I tried updating numerous times, but get the dreaded "Can't update because time and date are not correct" Tried many many recommendations to set the time, none of them worked, still get the Date and Time error message. 

    Downloaded Google, but when I try to access a web site, I  receive an error message 'Could not connect to server'. I have both WiFi, and data enabled. Not sure why I get that message?

    I have spent days trying to fix this phone, many times with the Microsoft Recovery tool. It will recognize my Lumia 640 LTE, and attempt to install an older software version, but when it gets to the flash point, the phone restarts and Microsoft Recovery tool fails. Over and over I have tried. Gave up on that.

    On the phone, Reset protection is On, and can't turn it Off, because I can't sign into Microsoft. My Lumia 640 is also not listed in My Devices at Microsoft.com

    So bottom line, currently with this phone, I can't sign into Microsoft, or Outlook, no Edge browser, Google does not work, can't browse the Internet, Hard resetting the phone doesn't change anything, can't update because of the incorrect time thing,  Windows Device Recovery Tool fails at the flash point. Can anyone help save this phone?

    Exactly my situation. It seems not having edge is the root of all this since signing in needs it. Since it is baked into the firmware, not sure how to install it :(.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-14T15:55:52+00:00

    I was having some problems on my Lumia 640  LTE  running windows 10 so three days ago, I did a hard reset and ended up with version 1709  10.0.15203.26115 (Developers Program)

    Since then, I have no way to sign into my Microsoft account, have no Edge browser, can't sign into Outlook, Live mail, can't get on the Internet. I did manage to sign in to my G-mail account and that works.but when I try to sign into Outlook/Live, the screen either goes back, or says do you want to search for an app. There is no app to fix this. I tried updating numerous times, but get the dreaded "Can't update because time and date are not correct" Tried many many recommendations to set the time, none of them worked, still get the Date and Time error message. 

    Downloaded Google, but when I try to access a web site, I  receive an error message 'Could not connect to server'. I have both WiFi, and data enabled. Not sure why I get that message?

    I have spent days trying to fix this phone, many times with the Microsoft Recovery tool. It will recognize my Lumia 640 LTE, and attempt to install an older software version, but when it gets to the flash point, the phone restarts and Microsoft Recovery tool fails. Over and over I have tried. Gave up on that.

    On the phone, Reset protection is On, and can't turn it Off, because I can't sign into Microsoft. My Lumia 640 is also not listed in My Devices at Microsoft.com

    So bottom line, currently with this phone, I can't sign into Microsoft, or Outlook, no Edge browser, Google does not work, can't browse the Internet, Hard resetting the phone doesn't change anything, can't update because of the incorrect time thing,  Windows Device Recovery Tool fails at the flash point. Can anyone help save this phone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-10-29T11:16:00+00:00

    As simple as it seems, all I had to do to be able to sign into my Microsoft account was to go into Settings and to Data sense. I had turned on the Restrict background data. Shut that off and (hopefully!) you will be able to sign in to your Microsoft account as I was. Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments