Good news! Blu confirmed that Both Blu win HD lte and jr lte of Europe version are eligible for windows 10 upgrade. Currently
Blu win HD (non lte) is only eligible for upgrade. Whereas Blu win HD lte U S has many bug fixes and they are solving these while e version update is on hold.
Windows 10 Mobile update for BLU Win HD LTE (X150E)
When will be Windows 10 Mobile available for BLU Win HD LTE (X150E) and why it has not been released while update is available for X150Q and there are no hardware differences between the two, other than network bands ?
Since there are no hardware differences, performance will not be affected as reason given by Microsoft for excluding some phones from the update.
Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2016-06-05T16:54:38+00:00 Udpate: Currently Blu win HD LTE has 2 firmware images in WDRT. If you select X150Q then the image will be 15013 where running the upgrade advisor app will on this firmware will download the official windows 10 mobile upgrade.
If you select X150E then the image will be 15010. Running upgrade advisor app on this firmware will result in no upgrade available at this moment.However running windows insider app will upgrade to w10m.
So In summary:
X150Q+15013: W10M official (production 10586.xxx)update through advisor app+W10M (redstone 14xxx.xxx)update via windows insider app.
X150E+15010:Only W10M update via windows insider app. Currently I am on 14256.1000 redstone build and my firmware is 15010. All I can say that this is perhaps the best build released for insider fast ring. Best part of recent redstone build is that there is a vibration function which fanastic. Blu win HD lte has no built in vibration in 8.1 or in w10m production build. Only way to enable is to on redstone build. For that go to persnolisation-navigation-enable vibrate while navigate then reboot the phone. Hope this will help.
-
Anonymous
2016-06-05T01:24:40+00:00 I've been having a few issues with the phone lately. Now at the stage where it is unusable. I have noticed that when I go to download the software from wdrt that the software version seems to be 00150.04717.20001.15010. When I check on my phone it has the following version, 00150.37xxx.20001.15010. No matter how much I try I cannot get it to go to version 04717. Any ideas what to do?
The issues I have been having with the phone is the touch buttons at the bottom of the screen no longer work. Getting really frustrated with this as it was a good experience prior to this issue.
Thanks in advance for your help.
-
Anonymous
2016-06-03T14:37:59+00:00 @Jamie I'm completely with you on all of what u said there.
Pretty much getting what you describe too (tho when its working, its fairly nice for part of the time)
x150e here too...
Here's some things (on top of what you said) which I get:
- had to scrap using the default video player as it couldn't even remember the progress so far of any videos, meaning I had to manually find where I was last each and every time (I cant say I've ever seen it before in any of the previous offerings of win phone or indeed, earlier versions of W10m) - switched to VLC player which, isn't perfect, but does at least remember where I was lol
- "Outlook Mail" would be nice (sorta) if it didn't crash or fail to sync randomly - even a manual sync usually ends up crashing it. As a result, I rarely use the app itself and just skim notifications to see if theres anything worth me using a pc and firing up webmail on ;)
- possibly not win10 related but I'm not too sure - At some relatively recent stage [around the time of going to the 14295 win10 builds], I now enjoy what i can only describe as "streaks" on the screen from some part of the content being shown at any time [except, from memory, when booting the device]. Don't have time to somehow get a picture of this but can do if it helps. Interestingly when I last did a factory reset by way of using WDRT to go-back to 8.1, I don't recall it being present once I was back at 8.1, but it came back again at some stage of going to w10m again... I don't remember it being there with the first build[s] I was able to get few months ago so not sure what that's about...
- Backup function... doesn't work some times. Just sits there and never backs up to the cloud.
- Restore of a backup (after I've factory reset with WDRT and gone back to whatever latest version of W10 it lets me go to) also usually partly fails [so it tells me, some settings couldn't be restored - cant say I've ever had that on my prev win phones].
- rebooting when trying to shut the phone off
- randomly decides it wont connect to the wifi network [various, with various settings to them]
- after a few weeks, I lose the ability to send and receive texts - across both the sims [one sim is on 3 - data,personal, secondary is on EE - nodata,work]
- probably loads more little niggles [some did get cleared up the last time I did the factory image and update stuff but no doubt there's plenty left I cant recall].
Probably some of the above are like what Jamie said about the network/cell connectivity [and signal strength is very very poor too, compared to my prev win phone - see below for details on that phone].
Note that I'm not App crazy so I don't have all manner of apps installed or anything. Generally, just a bunch of "known" manufacturer games [yep, the candy crush ones - sorry] and Where's my... series of games by Disney [great games but there's only so many times I want to replay them, having to lose my saves each time I have to factory reset]
It's most annoying that its far worse and buggier on this x150e device, than leading up to getting this phone where I had managed to get W10m on my Samsung ATIV S - this wasn't exactly bug free either, but the main gripe was its lack of processing grunt [so made things a bit sluggish] and that the native camera didn't work [not a surprise]. Only have the initial series of win10 builds on that though so no idea whether it would be the same if I managed to get that updated to the 14295 series of builds.
Dunno if there's been anything newer yet, but the x150e is currently running:
OS build: 10.0.14295.1005 [after the last wipe, I was able to get to this stage, having had .1000 previously - which wouldn't let me go to .1005 oddly]
Firmware: ending in .15010 [had the slightly newer 13 before the last wipe - which seemed buggy as sin, in tandem with .1000 and various prev builds before that]
Very frustrated with how things still aren't sorted out yet (I work in enterprise level IT and are more than fully aware that things do take some time but given this isn't just some internal project and is a worldwide system, you'd have thought there would be more importance than the pittance that's been shown here]/
I too am also strongly considering ditching windows phone [after being a very loyal customer since the glory days aka v7 ;)] and going for a dual sim android [so that I don't have to carry two phones around again - part of the reason I picked this meh x105 device]
-
Anonymous
2016-06-03T13:13:36+00:00 I've performed the update some months ago and I'm sorry to say that Windows 10 and the x150e do not perform well together. Non-exhaustive list of issues to-date:
- Battery life is absolutely terrible. I can barely make 12 hours before needing to recharge the device.
- Networking stack is extremely unstable. By this I mean I lose cellular and data and wifi connectivity frequently and is only resolved by a full reboot of the device.
- UI is simply unfinished. For example using the OSK with Cortana obscures what you're typing in.
- Background processes/services are CPU thrashing. This may be the cause of the poor battery life but the device is physically hot with no applications running, my assumption being there is at least 1 background process or service thrashing the CPU.
As a direct result of the issues observed and in particular the poor communication from Blu Products on this I'm sorry to say the device will be reimaged to factory and sold or scrapped. At this point in time this will be my last Windows Phone device and I'm reviewing Android devices at the moment.
For what it's worth - I work full-time as a Senior QA Engineer at a blue-chip as well as holding several Microsoft certifications. I have also provided consultancy to Microsoft on defects in the past. In my opinion Windows 10 on mobile devices simply isn't ready for GA on third-party hardware.