High CPU and memory usage when use Flash Player and images-heavy sites in all browsers or when I download files

Anonymous
2016-05-29T10:02:19+00:00

Hello! From long ago I have issues with high CPU and memory usage when use Flash Player and images-heavy sites or when I download files. The issues happen in Mozilla, Opera, Opera Beta and Chrome. Also when I use fractals rendering software. CPU usage becomes as high that my PC start sounding like a helicopter. Here are some sites I cannot use for that reason (digital design related):

https://www.sumopaint.com/home/#app

http://weavesilk.com/

And this TV site:

http://www.hotstar.com/tv/diya-aur-baati-hum/81/episodes/81/9993

Even if I chose an interactive theme/appearance in Opera Beta (like Star Wars) CPU usage goes wild because Flash Player .

I asked some buddies and they don't have such issues with Sumo and Silk. I checked my anti-vir and it doesn't block anything Adobe or image related. My firewall doesn't block anything too. I posted my question in Adobe Community too (because Flash Player) but still got no reply.

My graphic driver is up to date. Pagefile size is also ok, set min and max to 1.5x of the RAM.

My Hardware and Environment details:

Windows 8.1 (upgraded from Windows 8)

RAM: 4 GB (3.88 Usable)

Intel Celeron CPU G540 2.50 GHz

64-bit OS, x64-based processor

I can't attach my DxDiag.txt file and I'm not sure if it is safe to paste it's content here due to publicly of my post.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-06-03T14:39:17+00:00

Hello,

Thank you for updating on the issue.

Did you try upgrading to Windows 10 after running DISM commands successfully?

You may also create Windows 10 installation media using this link and then try to upgrade to Windows 10.

Refer:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I hope this information helps.

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-03T16:00:36+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for the response.

    Yes, you have understood correctly.

    However, Windows 10 upgrade assistant runs and may show a list of programs which may not work with Windows 10 or you may need to reinstall them.

    You may also refer this article:

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/upgrade-to-windows-10-faq

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-03T18:56:02+00:00

    I was a bit late to read the tip about backup, lol (and it would be impossible as I have 1 TB of stuff). I used the link you provided (in your comment which I marked as answer) and via Upgrade Now I successfully upgraded to Windows 10 and even changed few settings according to my needs!!! Thank you very much for your cooperation!

    Now I only need to cope with Graphic Card Driver update which Adobe Illustrator indicates as outdated but my Device Manager says it is ok.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-04T10:55:48+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for keeping us updated.

    I am glad that you managed to install Windows 10.

    I appreciate your time and efforts.

    However, for Adobe Illustrator issue, you may refer this article.

    Refer:

    https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-gpu-performance-driver-update.html

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-06-05T14:44:14+00:00

    Thank you for the link!! I read the article and in the link they provide to Intel's latest graphic drivers for Win 10 Intel shows an image where version and date for driver verification are older than mine:

    http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html

    I saw they provide info about Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 and mine is only Intel(R) HD Graphics.

    When I was with Win 8.1 I ran Intel® Driver Update Utility they provide. I'll try run it now again.

    EDIT: I think I have some mess here. I just ran Intel® System Identification Utility and it says I have Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000. The version is same - 9.17.10.4229. Should I search and update what Intel® System Identification Utility points as my driver? I'm afraid if my manufacturer might did some customizations.

    Here's the report I got Intel® System Identification Utility:

    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=AB1D2059519004FD!336&authkey=!AFPi\_gEWjGlgTVs&ithint=file%2chtm

    EDIT 2: Intel® Driver Update Utility found some chipset driver which should be updated. It failed two times I tried to update it and also my External HDs and Flash Drives reconnected few times during the installation of the update. I prefer not to try 3rd time, seems there's some conflict between it and my Lenovo.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments