High CPU and memory usage when use Flash Player and images-heavy sites in all browsers or when I download files

Anonymous
2016-05-29T10:02:19+00:00

Hello! From long ago I have issues with high CPU and memory usage when use Flash Player and images-heavy sites or when I download files. The issues happen in Mozilla, Opera, Opera Beta and Chrome. Also when I use fractals rendering software. CPU usage becomes as high that my PC start sounding like a helicopter. Here are some sites I cannot use for that reason (digital design related):

https://www.sumopaint.com/home/#app

http://weavesilk.com/

And this TV site:

http://www.hotstar.com/tv/diya-aur-baati-hum/81/episodes/81/9993

Even if I chose an interactive theme/appearance in Opera Beta (like Star Wars) CPU usage goes wild because Flash Player .

I asked some buddies and they don't have such issues with Sumo and Silk. I checked my anti-vir and it doesn't block anything Adobe or image related. My firewall doesn't block anything too. I posted my question in Adobe Community too (because Flash Player) but still got no reply.

My graphic driver is up to date. Pagefile size is also ok, set min and max to 1.5x of the RAM.

My Hardware and Environment details:

Windows 8.1 (upgraded from Windows 8)

RAM: 4 GB (3.88 Usable)

Intel Celeron CPU G540 2.50 GHz

64-bit OS, x64-based processor

I can't attach my DxDiag.txt file and I'm not sure if it is safe to paste it's content here due to publicly of my post.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-06-03T14:39:17+00:00

Hello,

Thank you for updating on the issue.

Did you try upgrading to Windows 10 after running DISM commands successfully?

You may also create Windows 10 installation media using this link and then try to upgrade to Windows 10.

Refer:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I hope this information helps.

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-31T15:27:01+00:00

    No infection was detected. I tried to update but with no success. It froze all three times. I troubleshooted the update and it said it fixed 2 issues. But the update didn't happen again. I troubleshooted update again to see same issues said being fixed again.

    I would want to ask something important. I saw I can upgrade to Win 10 for free till end of July. I really want to do it, moreover it will come with all its updates. It is this upgrade safe though for my custom subfolders in Library; for the settings, add-ons and bookmarks in my browser and for all programs I have installed and their folders? I'd be very grateful if you tell me this. I read updating can solve slowness but after I can't perform update I hope the upgrade would solve it and also I'll have the best possible Win version by now.

    PS. I read that before upgrading Win 8.1 should be updated unless it's Win 8.1 Enterprise. Mine is not so if upgrading to Win 10 requires I to update my Win 8.1 first I'm afraid I couldn't do it.:(

    PPS. I performed System File Check and result is •Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

    Here is the CBS.log file: https://goo.gl/2HlLgi

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-31T11:09:52+00:00

    Thank you, will try with it too. I used HitmanPro trial but one more scan is very welcome. Will it give me the option to decide what to delete? I'm afraid of data loss due to false positives.

    Sorry I ask in parts but I starting remembering old things I did before - like turning off the Indexing. It had conflict with torrent client. So I completely turned off it and also searching and for searching use a free program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-31T09:53:45+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for the update.

    I appreciate your efforts.

    I would suggest you to run Microsoft safety scanner to check and remove any virus or malware which may be causing the issue.

    Refer:

    Microsoft Safety Scanner

    http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

    Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

    Please keep us posted.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-31T09:21:39+00:00

    I read the article but didn't understand how to make the troubleshoot of the whole PC after the clean boot restart? I don't suspect any program, need to make a general troubleshoot. How to do it when clean restart?

    PS. CCleaner gives many registry issues but I stopped using it after the problem with constantly wanting OS activation I had. Although it is almost sure the UPS software (UPSilon) caused the prob I ceased using CCleaner too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments