High CPU and memory usage when use Flash Player and images-heavy sites in all browsers or when I download files

Anonymous
2016-05-29T10:02:19+00:00

Hello! From long ago I have issues with high CPU and memory usage when use Flash Player and images-heavy sites or when I download files. The issues happen in Mozilla, Opera, Opera Beta and Chrome. Also when I use fractals rendering software. CPU usage becomes as high that my PC start sounding like a helicopter. Here are some sites I cannot use for that reason (digital design related):

https://www.sumopaint.com/home/#app

http://weavesilk.com/

And this TV site:

http://www.hotstar.com/tv/diya-aur-baati-hum/81/episodes/81/9993

Even if I chose an interactive theme/appearance in Opera Beta (like Star Wars) CPU usage goes wild because Flash Player .

I asked some buddies and they don't have such issues with Sumo and Silk. I checked my anti-vir and it doesn't block anything Adobe or image related. My firewall doesn't block anything too. I posted my question in Adobe Community too (because Flash Player) but still got no reply.

My graphic driver is up to date. Pagefile size is also ok, set min and max to 1.5x of the RAM.

My Hardware and Environment details:

Windows 8.1 (upgraded from Windows 8)

RAM: 4 GB (3.88 Usable)

Intel Celeron CPU G540 2.50 GHz

64-bit OS, x64-based processor

I can't attach my DxDiag.txt file and I'm not sure if it is safe to paste it's content here due to publicly of my post.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-06-03T14:39:17+00:00

Hello,

Thank you for updating on the issue.

Did you try upgrading to Windows 10 after running DISM commands successfully?

You may also create Windows 10 installation media using this link and then try to upgrade to Windows 10.

Refer:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I hope this information helps.

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-28T09:21:10+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for updating on the issue.

    I am sorry for late response.

    It is very unfortunate that the issue still persists.

    I would suggest you to run check disk to fix any errors in the hard drivewhich may cause the issue. Please follow these steps:

    a. Press Windows + X keys together and click command prompt(admin).

    b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

    chkdsk /f /r

    Check disk may take some time to complete.

    Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

    I hope it helps.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-27T11:57:49+00:00

    I successfully deleted the old version of Windows. Unfortunately the problem of my main topic remains - high CPU and memory usage when I use Flash Player and/or images-heavy sites or when I download/upload files in all browsers (only IE/Edge didn't tested).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-24T09:38:28+00:00

    Sorry for the late reply! I had few hard days.

    The issue happened to be a conflict between some chipset Intel detection application wanted to install as newer but failed every time. After the restart of the PC the typing return to normal.

    I wanted to ask one more thing, my space on disc C is under 8 GB and a notification suggested me to delete my old Windows. I don't plan to return to Win 8.1 but yet isn't it dangerous to delete it and if it is safe how to do it? I noticed some of my programs start from old links, I suppose that as incompatible with Win 10 they probably didn't migrate? If I delete the old Windows could they become non-working?

    PS. I saw folder Windows.old and it contains Program Files and Program Files x86 with few stuff probably incompatible with Win 10. One is CCleaner (my version is old). Inside Windows.old I saw folder WINDOWS. When after a month from the update the old Win will be automatically deleted which folder will be deleted - Windows.old or its subfolder WINDOWS and if the whole Windows.old will be deleted then what will happen with CCleaner or other programs which didn't migrate? In settings for manually deletion of the previous Win versions I saw suggested size which is a bit smaller that Windows.old and a bit bigger than WINDOWS. That is why I can't understand if no matter automatically or manually deletion of the old versions happen will I lose non-migrated programs?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-06-06T04:39:28+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for the update.

    I appreciate your time.

    What is the make and model of your computer?

    If issue re-persists, you may try re-installing driver in compatibility modeand check. Please follow these steps:

    a. Right click the driver file and click properties.

    b. Click compatibility tab.

    c. Click to check "Run this program in compatibility mode for" box and select Windows 7.

    d. Click apply and ok.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments