High CPU and memory usage when use Flash Player and images-heavy sites in all browsers or when I download files

Anonymous
2016-05-29T10:02:19+00:00

Hello! From long ago I have issues with high CPU and memory usage when use Flash Player and images-heavy sites or when I download files. The issues happen in Mozilla, Opera, Opera Beta and Chrome. Also when I use fractals rendering software. CPU usage becomes as high that my PC start sounding like a helicopter. Here are some sites I cannot use for that reason (digital design related):

https://www.sumopaint.com/home/#app

http://weavesilk.com/

And this TV site:

http://www.hotstar.com/tv/diya-aur-baati-hum/81/episodes/81/9993

Even if I chose an interactive theme/appearance in Opera Beta (like Star Wars) CPU usage goes wild because Flash Player .

I asked some buddies and they don't have such issues with Sumo and Silk. I checked my anti-vir and it doesn't block anything Adobe or image related. My firewall doesn't block anything too. I posted my question in Adobe Community too (because Flash Player) but still got no reply.

My graphic driver is up to date. Pagefile size is also ok, set min and max to 1.5x of the RAM.

My Hardware and Environment details:

Windows 8.1 (upgraded from Windows 8)

RAM: 4 GB (3.88 Usable)

Intel Celeron CPU G540 2.50 GHz

64-bit OS, x64-based processor

I can't attach my DxDiag.txt file and I'm not sure if it is safe to paste it's content here due to publicly of my post.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-06-03T14:39:17+00:00

Hello,

Thank you for updating on the issue.

Did you try upgrading to Windows 10 after running DISM commands successfully?

You may also create Windows 10 installation media using this link and then try to upgrade to Windows 10.

Refer:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I hope this information helps.

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-11-29T21:01:23+00:00

    Thank you!

    I did it, few times in their support site, alongside with my posts here. But no reply yet.

    I found I keep the original driver as instantly after I bought the PC I made drivers backup. Graphic Driver folder has .exe and other files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-28T23:24:21+00:00

    Hi,

    To resolve your concern, we suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your computer for further assistance with graphic card drivers.

    Let us know if you have any other concern.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-11-26T23:16:28+00:00

    Hello again! I'm sorry I kinda abandoned my question although it is still my most important issue.

    I wanted to ask if it safe and if yes how to Roll Back Driver (the graphic driver) so to have the driver version I had originally and which worked well. Today the issue had it's culmination while I simply downloaded free images from Depositphotos. The CPU and the fan went wild even with 1-2 tabs opened. I noticed that both CPU and the fan go down when I minimize the browser so again I got the conclusion it is graphic driver issue and particularly the driver version as initially with Win 8 (as bought) I didn't have any issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more