High CPU and memory usage when use Flash Player and images-heavy sites in all browsers or when I download files

Anonymous
2016-05-29T10:02:19+00:00

Hello! From long ago I have issues with high CPU and memory usage when use Flash Player and images-heavy sites or when I download files. The issues happen in Mozilla, Opera, Opera Beta and Chrome. Also when I use fractals rendering software. CPU usage becomes as high that my PC start sounding like a helicopter. Here are some sites I cannot use for that reason (digital design related):

https://www.sumopaint.com/home/#app

http://weavesilk.com/

And this TV site:

http://www.hotstar.com/tv/diya-aur-baati-hum/81/episodes/81/9993

Even if I chose an interactive theme/appearance in Opera Beta (like Star Wars) CPU usage goes wild because Flash Player .

I asked some buddies and they don't have such issues with Sumo and Silk. I checked my anti-vir and it doesn't block anything Adobe or image related. My firewall doesn't block anything too. I posted my question in Adobe Community too (because Flash Player) but still got no reply.

My graphic driver is up to date. Pagefile size is also ok, set min and max to 1.5x of the RAM.

My Hardware and Environment details:

Windows 8.1 (upgraded from Windows 8)

RAM: 4 GB (3.88 Usable)

Intel Celeron CPU G540 2.50 GHz

64-bit OS, x64-based processor

I can't attach my DxDiag.txt file and I'm not sure if it is safe to paste it's content here due to publicly of my post.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-06-03T14:39:17+00:00

Hello,

Thank you for updating on the issue.

Did you try upgrading to Windows 10 after running DISM commands successfully?

You may also create Windows 10 installation media using this link and then try to upgrade to Windows 10.

Refer:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I hope this information helps.

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-03T11:22:16+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for replying.

    You may run the following commands in command prompt.

    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

    Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-03T11:06:33+00:00

    Thank you very much for upgrading info! Previous time I spent hours in fears.

    I have a new thread here because it happens I cannot update my current OS. Cannot update - Microsoft Community

    It was split from admin from another thread where I commented because another user had my updating problem. So I'm sorry I have two threads now. I know how precious is admin's time but I was desperate of my various issues.

    I didn't know how but doing few things (CCleaner, SFCFix) now SFC doesn't find any corruption anymore. It was CNBJ2530.DPB and prncacla.inf Corruptions which are now already unavailable when run SFC.

    Yet I can't update my Win 8.1, it wasn't updated since late 2014. Update Troubleshooter says it fixes updating problems but the next time I run it they are here again there and again marked as fixed.

    I read I wouldn't be able to upgrade to Win 10 if my current Win 8.1 is not fully updated (unless it is Win 8.1 Enterprise and mine is not). Is this correct? If not I wouldn't be as concerned for updating my Win 8.1

    Now after SFC doesn't find corruption but I still can't update, what from the last link you sent me I should perform?

    Thank you again for your cooperation!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-03T10:44:17+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for responding.

    I appreciate your concern.

    Windows 10 upgrade to absolutely safe for your computer in any respect.

    However, if system file checker(SFC) has found corrupt files, please run DISM commandsand check if it helps.

    Refer this article:

    Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

    I hope this helps.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-31T15:27:01+00:00

    No infection was detected. I tried to update but with no success. It froze all three times. I troubleshooted the update and it said it fixed 2 issues. But the update didn't happen again. I troubleshooted update again to see same issues said being fixed again.

    I would want to ask something important. I saw I can upgrade to Win 10 for free till end of July. I really want to do it, moreover it will come with all its updates. It is this upgrade safe though for my custom subfolders in Library; for the settings, add-ons and bookmarks in my browser and for all programs I have installed and their folders? I'd be very grateful if you tell me this. I read updating can solve slowness but after I can't perform update I hope the upgrade would solve it and also I'll have the best possible Win version by now.

    PS. I read that before upgrading Win 8.1 should be updated unless it's Win 8.1 Enterprise. Mine is not so if upgrading to Win 10 requires I to update my Win 8.1 first I'm afraid I couldn't do it.:(

    PPS. I performed System File Check and result is •Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

    Here is the CBS.log file: https://goo.gl/2HlLgi

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments