xbox one controller crash

Anonymous
2016-03-04T04:40:21+00:00

Hello everyone i have a question regarding the xbox one controller on pc.

everything was working just fine till an hour ago.

when i play a game (ex assassin's creed 4) i can play it no problem with the xbox one controller. when i quit the game and go back to desktop, everything is still fine. as soon as i disconnect my xbox one controller the whole system crashes. nothing responds. when i press ctrl alt delete mouse responds but when pointer moves i can hear a beeping sound from my tv speekers.... and i have to force the computer off cause it won't shut down.

another problem i have is when playing tales from the borderlands. if i play with keyboard and mouse i get fps = 60. as soon as i launch the game with xbox controller my fps drop between 4-25 and the game gets super laggy.

the same problem occurs if i use the controller with wire or with the wireless adapter.

didn't have any problem till just an hour ago. 

i'm thinking of formatting the pc cause it's driving me nuts.

any1 has a solution.

for the record i uninstalled the drivers from device manager. both wireless adapter and xbox controller. i had to deconnect the xbox controller to uninstalled cause if i kept it plugged the pc would still freeze.

thx for help

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-03-05T04:12:55+00:00

The KB3140743 update for Windows 10 molested xinputhid.sys which is the Xinput driver. Try uninstall KB3140743 and see if it helps.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-05T05:10:41+00:00

    perfect worked. microsoft not able to make their accessories work with their os... hope there's a way from keeping the update from installing automatically on windows 10 tho

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-05T01:10:17+00:00

    Ok so i just updated my xbox controllers using the xbox accessories app. I tried plugging the thing in and pc still crashed. Playing ac4 on steam

    If ur telling me that yoi downgraded ur nvidia driver to previous version and are still getting the glitch we cant say its nvidias uodate since i removed geforce experience and u downgraded driver.

    I tried plugging and unplugging without any gamong program oppened.  Pc doesnt crash.

    I tried playing an origin game with the controller

    When i closed bf4 and unplugged the controller no problem at all.

    I launched ac4 again that game opens both uplay and steam. I close the game unplug controller pc crashes.

    Atthis point i am thinking it could be steam or uplay so i try other games. Tales from borderlands as stated before gets me lots of lag with controller on. Withought controller no lag.

    Bug batcher everything smooth

    I am starting to suspect steam. Maybe they want to make us buy a steam controller lol

    Ten without oppening any games i open uplay. Unplug the controllerwithout having oppened any game and booom pc crashes. 

    Are you and ur cousin playing a ubisoft game?

    I think i got my hand on it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-05T00:41:40+00:00

    I just chatted with nvidia support. They know nothing about the problem. The guy suggested me uninstalling geforce experience. It didnt make much of a difference. I crashed while talking to him. I have no idea what the problem can be , but when i have issues like this one i wish i d be playing on a console lol. Letme know if u know something.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-04T15:15:17+00:00

    Well I opened a ticket with Nvidia support already and they said they will escalate this. But I tried to downgrade my driver back to 361.91 and I still get the error... Maybe GeForce Experience is the culprit here, since this was also upgraded with the latest (362.00) driver package...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments