The KB3140743 update for Windows 10 molested xinputhid.sys which is the Xinput driver. Try uninstall KB3140743 and see if it helps.
xbox one controller crash
Hello everyone i have a question regarding the xbox one controller on pc.
everything was working just fine till an hour ago.
when i play a game (ex assassin's creed 4) i can play it no problem with the xbox one controller. when i quit the game and go back to desktop, everything is still fine. as soon as i disconnect my xbox one controller the whole system crashes. nothing responds. when i press ctrl alt delete mouse responds but when pointer moves i can hear a beeping sound from my tv speekers.... and i have to force the computer off cause it won't shut down.
another problem i have is when playing tales from the borderlands. if i play with keyboard and mouse i get fps = 60. as soon as i launch the game with xbox controller my fps drop between 4-25 and the game gets super laggy.
the same problem occurs if i use the controller with wire or with the wireless adapter.
didn't have any problem till just an hour ago.
i'm thinking of formatting the pc cause it's driving me nuts.
any1 has a solution.
for the record i uninstalled the drivers from device manager. both wireless adapter and xbox controller. i had to deconnect the xbox controller to uninstalled cause if i kept it plugged the pc would still freeze.
thx for help
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-03-26T13:11:40+00:00 I'm getting this too, I was about to format my PC. Soooo glad I found this thread.
If Microssoft are going all out to make Windows 10 a true gaming platform, how did a controller issue like this slip past testing?
-
Anonymous
2016-03-25T21:15:37+00:00 Didn't get update yet. Ill let you know when i do
-
Anonymous
2016-03-25T21:15:33+00:00 I don't see a 14295 build for March 25. All I see is a March 22 KB3140741 update.
Are you talking about a preview build? I see that the latest preview build has a fix for it. I'm not sure if I want to go down that path though. Sounds too risky for me.
-
Anonymous
2016-03-25T20:27:45+00:00 problem is fixed in todays update to 14295