Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.213.5087.0) - Error 0x80070643

Anonymous
2016-02-01T12:45:02+00:00

For weeks now keep getting the message:

"Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.213.5087.0) - Error 0x80070643"

While the computer seems to run ok, in the mean time I cannot update windows 10...

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-02T23:18:15+00:00

    definition update Windows Defender – KB2267602 (Definição 1.213.5125.0) - Erro 0x80070643, how to end it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-04T21:49:22+00:00

    @mtcdnp -

    To manually download latest signatures try executing the following command : "%programfiles%\windows defender\mpcmdrun.exe" -signatureupdate -http

    The error you are seeing is a generic Error_Install_failed code.  Can you access the following file (\windows\temp\mpsigstub.log) and post the entry with the error code.  I'd like to see were the error occurs.

    Thx,

    CJ.Eichholz (MSFT) - Microsoft Antimalware

    CyberDust: +msft_cjeichholz

    Twitter : @msft_cjeichholz

    This post is provided as-is with no warranty or support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-06T06:19:33+00:00

    I had the same issue running AVG virus protection. I had to completely uninstall AVG and restart in order to turn on my Defender.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-16T02:34:20+00:00

    When I run the command, I get the following

    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]

    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    C:\Users\XXX>"%programfiles%\windows defender\mpcmdrun.exe" -signatureupdate -http

    Signature update started . . .

    ERROR: Signature Update failed with hr=80070005

    CmdTool: Failed with hr = 0x80070005. Check C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\MpCmdRun.log for more information

    The log file has

    Command:    MpSigStub.exe /program "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\mpam-814e75.exe" /q WD

    Start time: 3/15/2016 10:26 PM (version 11.1.5276.0)

    ERROR 0x80070005 : UtilIsDirectoryWritable(C:\WINDOWS\Temp\58D719FECBE20C24CA555C534693827E-Sigs)

    =================================== ProductSearch ==================================

                     Windows Defender:

             Status: Active           

            Product: 4.9.10586.0      

             Engine: 1.1.12300.0      

         Signatures: 1.211.1962.0     

         NIS Engine: 2.1.11804.0      

     NIS Signatures: 115.26.0.0       

    ================================ PackageDiscovery ================================

    ERROR 0x80070005 : UtilIsDirectoryWritable(C:\WINDOWS\Temp\58D719FECBE20C24CA555C534693827E-Sigs)

    Package files discovered:

    c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\115.0.0.0_to_115.40.0.0_NISfull.vdm_source_NISbase.vdm._p (?.?.?.?)

    c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\nisbase.vdm (115.0.0.0)

    c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\gapaengine.dll (2.1.11804.0)

                   NIS Full:  

       NIS engine: 2.1.11804.0

     NIS base VDM: 115.0.0.0  

     NIS full VDM: 115.40.0.0

    ================================ PatchApplication ================================

    Patched nisfull.vdm to 115.40.0.0

    ================================= MpUpdateEngine =================================

    Package files for the engine update:

    c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\115.0.0.0_to_115.40.0.0_NISfull.vdm_source_NISbase.vdm._p (?.?.?.?)

    c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\nisbase.vdm (115.0.0.0)

    c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\nisfull.vdm (115.40.0.0)

    c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\gapaengine.dll (2.1.11804.0)

    ERROR 0x800106ba : MpUpdateEngine(c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3)

    ================================== XcopyDeployment =================================

    Using Xcopy location: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\Updates

    ================================== XcopyForProduct =================================

    ERROR 0x80070005 : CopyFile(c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\gapaengine.dll, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\Updates\gapaengine.dll)

    ERROR 0x80070005 : XcopyDeployment

    ERROR 0x80070005 : IProduct->UpdateEngine

    ================================= ValidateUpdate =================================

    nisfull.vdm version in package is 115.40.0.0, but after update machine has older version 115.26.0.0

                             Watson Report:    Position:

                    HRESULT: 0x80070005        P1       

             FailedFunction: MpUpdateEngine    P2       

                  Operation: NIS Full          P3       

     SourceComponentVersion: 11.1.5276.0       P4       

        SourceComponentName: mpsigstub.exe     P5       

             ProductVersion: 4.9.10586.0       P6       

                ProductName: Windows Defender  P7       

    ERROR 0x800106ba : Failed to send error Heartbeat report for product: Windows Defender

    ERROR 0x80070005 : One or more of the packages found failed to update for Windows Defender.

    ERROR 0x80070005 : One or more of the products found failed to update; returning this error

    Deleted c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\115.0.0.0_to_115.40.0.0_NISfull.vdm_source_NISbase.vdm._p

    Deleted c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\nisbase.vdm

    Deleted c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\nisfull.vdm

    Deleted c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\gapaengine.dll

    ERROR 0x80070005 : MpSigStubMain

    End time: 3/15/2016 10:26 PM


    FYI, I'm running Norton Security.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-03-16T13:05:28+00:00

    I don’t care about the Defender updates; I am running Norton. The problem is that the Defender update is blocking all the other updates. So far I have to run the update troubleshooter every day and then check for updates, this works but it is not an optimal solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments