Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.213.5087.0) - Error 0x80070643

Anonymous
2016-02-01T12:45:02+00:00

For weeks now keep getting the message:

"Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.213.5087.0) - Error 0x80070643"

While the computer seems to run ok, in the mean time I cannot update windows 10...

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-02T23:11:01+00:00

    I can activate windows defender...it is grayed out.

    Should I assume this is because of the Norton Security?

    Although did not have this issue for past months when running Norton on Windows 10...

    I disabled Norton Security and still could not turn Windows Defender on, and same message when trying to update Win 10...

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-15T18:39:44+00:00

    I have not been able to download  windows defender  KB2267602 under error                   OX80070643....for a least 5/days...pls he/BG5050/******@outlook.com......thks....

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-16T02:34:20+00:00

    When I run the command, I get the following

    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]

    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    C:\Users\XXX>"%programfiles%\windows defender\mpcmdrun.exe" -signatureupdate -http

    Signature update started . . .

    ERROR: Signature Update failed with hr=80070005

    CmdTool: Failed with hr = 0x80070005. Check C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\MpCmdRun.log for more information

    The log file has

    Command:    MpSigStub.exe /program "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\mpam-814e75.exe" /q WD

    Start time: 3/15/2016 10:26 PM (version 11.1.5276.0)

    ERROR 0x80070005 : UtilIsDirectoryWritable(C:\WINDOWS\Temp\58D719FECBE20C24CA555C534693827E-Sigs)

    =================================== ProductSearch ==================================

                     Windows Defender:

             Status: Active           

            Product: 4.9.10586.0      

             Engine: 1.1.12300.0      

         Signatures: 1.211.1962.0     

         NIS Engine: 2.1.11804.0      

     NIS Signatures: 115.26.0.0       

    ================================ PackageDiscovery ================================

    ERROR 0x80070005 : UtilIsDirectoryWritable(C:\WINDOWS\Temp\58D719FECBE20C24CA555C534693827E-Sigs)

    Package files discovered:

    c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\115.0.0.0_to_115.40.0.0_NISfull.vdm_source_NISbase.vdm._p (?.?.?.?)

    c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\nisbase.vdm (115.0.0.0)

    c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\gapaengine.dll (2.1.11804.0)

                   NIS Full:  

       NIS engine: 2.1.11804.0

     NIS base VDM: 115.0.0.0  

     NIS full VDM: 115.40.0.0

    ================================ PatchApplication ================================

    Patched nisfull.vdm to 115.40.0.0

    ================================= MpUpdateEngine =================================

    Package files for the engine update:

    c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\115.0.0.0_to_115.40.0.0_NISfull.vdm_source_NISbase.vdm._p (?.?.?.?)

    c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\nisbase.vdm (115.0.0.0)

    c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\nisfull.vdm (115.40.0.0)

    c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\gapaengine.dll (2.1.11804.0)

    ERROR 0x800106ba : MpUpdateEngine(c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3)

    ================================== XcopyDeployment =================================

    Using Xcopy location: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\Updates

    ================================== XcopyForProduct =================================

    ERROR 0x80070005 : CopyFile(c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\gapaengine.dll, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\Updates\gapaengine.dll)

    ERROR 0x80070005 : XcopyDeployment

    ERROR 0x80070005 : IProduct->UpdateEngine

    ================================= ValidateUpdate =================================

    nisfull.vdm version in package is 115.40.0.0, but after update machine has older version 115.26.0.0

                             Watson Report:    Position:

                    HRESULT: 0x80070005        P1       

             FailedFunction: MpUpdateEngine    P2       

                  Operation: NIS Full          P3       

     SourceComponentVersion: 11.1.5276.0       P4       

        SourceComponentName: mpsigstub.exe     P5       

             ProductVersion: 4.9.10586.0       P6       

                ProductName: Windows Defender  P7       

    ERROR 0x800106ba : Failed to send error Heartbeat report for product: Windows Defender

    ERROR 0x80070005 : One or more of the packages found failed to update for Windows Defender.

    ERROR 0x80070005 : One or more of the products found failed to update; returning this error

    Deleted c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\115.0.0.0_to_115.40.0.0_NISfull.vdm_source_NISbase.vdm._p

    Deleted c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\nisbase.vdm

    Deleted c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\nisfull.vdm

    Deleted c:\3a01c076a348a276b692f3\gapaengine.dll

    ERROR 0x80070005 : MpSigStubMain

    End time: 3/15/2016 10:26 PM


    FYI, I'm running Norton Security.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-04-21T14:52:36+00:00

    DIDN'T WORK FOR ME!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-04-21T14:51:03+00:00

    I uninstalled NIS several times and it fixed the problem, UNTIL I RE-INSTALLED NIS and there it was AGAIN....THE SAME "F*(**&*&**&&" PROBLEM!!! That GD error CONTINUES TO SHOW UP!!!  With all the "mental giants" that work for MS, one would THINK someone techie would SOLVE the problem. I know the answer WHEN will MS.....FIX IT???

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments