How do you "automatically" update your Windows Media Player album information if this doesn't work the first time?

Anonymous
2016-02-28T16:25:35+00:00

Hi,

    How do you "automatically" update your Windows Media Player album information, if this doesn't work the first time in respect of the data for the album, which WMP finds?

    I'm not finding the accuracy of the Player good at all; if there's a double album it seems to get these the wrong way around in respect of the details. And Sometimes it gets albums entirely wrong, when I had no difficult finding this on the internet?

    Before you respond I know 'Edit' and "Search" etc, but the editing process would take too long for each single. And Search is not working... I've typed the exact details in for the album, only for WMP to turn up 500+ results, which are not relevant?

    Also how do you prevent your playlists being lost, if your computer crashes? How do you Save etc or is there a quicker easier way to do this? Is there a way for instance of saving these online?

(Microsoft please have another look at this forum? For instance it is far too difficult to find, and when I've been writing, on pressing Return I lose the post? Also the font selection function italics etc did not work for me???)

PS Italics worked belatedly towards the end, when I highlighted the text I'd written.

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-05-08T18:18:35+00:00

Sorry for the delay - finally found time to read back through the thread - I don't think at this point I can offer any more suggestions. The sledgehammer option proposed by MS support may be about the only one left, and if you're (fairly) happy with how most stuff is working... that seems a bit drastic!

It seems MS techs are no longer bothered much about WMP - so many people having issues with it particularly in W10 (Burn/Rip problems; Incorrectly sized artwork; DRM - which MS promised to try to fix last August... etc.) Yet it's still a fundamental part of the OS.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-04-19T18:33:16+00:00

    Hi again - I've just got back from a week away myself so I'm catching up on a load of stuff... bear with me - I'll get back asap. - Best, R.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-04-20T15:24:21+00:00

    The Kula Shaker track isn't 'Hollow Man' by any chance? That is listed as 19.26 minutes long (even if nothing happens for 14 minutes!)

    Edit.  Just checked it on 'Spotify' - nice track... and yeah, there's a 'ghost' track right at the end... doing that was a bit of a nineties fad! Your simplest bet would be to buy/download  the 2011 re-mastered version of that track - the silence has been removed! - Cheers, R.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-28T11:52:30+00:00

    Ta Ric Man...

    I don't know if I missed this reply before, or if I've already tried these, suspect it is the latter.Will go through this once more.

    Really tired of W10 it is affecting the operation of my Word 2003... 'apparently' this is not compatible.I've tried Word 2016, and I can't decide whether it is just 'awful' or "absolutely ruddy bloody awful," tis a dilemma indeed.I'm seriously thinking or rolling back W10 to 7... but I think of the amount of time I've spent on this. The one reason I upgraded to 10 was due to my images for my music disappearing, which upgrading fixed. Bearing in mind I spent hours trying to fix this without success via other methods.If I roll back Ric will the music icons not showing be an issue for me again?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-28T12:00:25+00:00

    I missed this reply...

    Yes it is!!!

    Erm, right lost me with Ghost Tracks... what the ****?

    On the CD I don't think there's any 'space' or Ghosting going on of 'any' supernatural variety?No 'dead air' as it were?Then on the UTube videos it is there, and even longer?But back to the CD itself, it isn't there on this, as far as I can here... only when I place on WMP?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments